Bagged, Trimmed, Recaro'd, Stanced and Golf R Swapped MK4

Show off your caddy
Ludde
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Bagged, Trimmed, Recaro'd and Stanced MK4

Post by Ludde »

Danwatts18 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:56 pm Latest Updates:

With help from Lister, I upgraded the van to full digital Climatronic.

This involved adding a sunlight sensor and air quality sensor, so i went to town with making the looms

This looks really good.
I saw someone dis this in a ‘06 so I started dreaming About this in my ‘16.
Was it hard? What parts can you use?
Last edited by Lister79 on Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Significant quality of photos removed from quote
2016 Caddy Maxi 4motion 2.0 150bhp
My car upgrades and problems:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48975
Proempie
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Proempie »

Danwatts18 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:00 pm So was about time i updated this a bit more, I'm always looking on the forum and never seem to post. So i'm going to try make that my new year resolution lol

Since last time,

Retrofitted High Beam Assist - Taken me a good few years to find the right camera to do this. But i am so glad i persevered as it's the best feature ever!!

What's the partnumber of the mirror/camera?

I've been searching a long time for this as well but alas..

Those wheels though. Excellent choice and fits the Caddy real well! One of the best Caddy's in the world, in my opinion.
Danwatts18
100BHP+

Post by Danwatts18 »

Ok...

So little Caddy2k Forum exclusive. Please do not post this outside of the forum. I've done this here to show those active members. This is something I've been digging at @Lister for about 2 years now. And finally taken the plunge on the van

The PLAN..

Golf R 7.5 Engine into the Mk4 Caddy with a DSG conversion at the same time. Not been done yet in a MK4 and also 7.5 being a later engine there's a few changes too. We have had some hurdles with ABS and Immo stuff but with the thanks to Twinsport. We are getting there.

So with the latest and greatest news from Twinsport. I went out and bought a Astra VXR.. yeah. I dunno why just fancied one, it was cheap. But the main reason was so that the Caddy could come off the road and wouldn't have to worry about going to work ect.

18th May. The van came off the road. I started by removing my dash so that I could access all the interior wiring. (ignore the additional wires everywhere. It's my control box for the roof lighting ect

I then got carried away at the same time, and decide to start adding in the Two extra buttons into the centre console wiring, Tyre Pressure Reset and also Traction Control.

This whole project is to be done Terminal to Terminal. No splicing, cutting, extending, soldering. The only time any connectors will be used, is where VW use them for joining CAN wiring ect

19th May. Got carried away again. Decided to strip the front end off the van.

20th May. Interior loom started to be further unwrapped in preparation of removing all diesel and adblue wiring

24th May. Caddys new home arrived. I always planned to do this in a workshop, but after being let down so many times by landlords, I gave in and purchased this Clarke Garage. Worth the money hands down and is so sturdy

26th May. The engine bay got a fair bit messier. Started taking all the parts off ready for engine removal, also started unwrapping the engine loom whilst I was waiting for the engine crane to arrive

31st May. Engine crane arrived from a friend and the engine was out in 10 minutes

2nd June. Started labeling and de-pinning various terminals from under bonnet fusebox

5th June. Quick test fit of the DSG box in the bay. After a quick paint previously done, I had all the bolts Zinc silver plated so should look nice and tidy when it's finally in its place

7th June. Who said Astra VXRs weren't practical.. DSG box loaded up and off to be fitted to the engine which is stored elsewhere currently

Arrived safe and Sound, and installed. All bolts tightened to factory specifications. I even went as far as buying new, unstretched bolts and having them Zinc plated too

8th June. Decided to give a driveshaft a bit of a spruce up. Been waiting for cables and terminals to arrive so been doing other bits and pieces. Also started dismantling my TTRS fuel pump, ready to merge with a Caddy pump.

DWAUTOMOTIVE
Vehicle Tracking ~ Security ~ Modifications ~ Dash Cams ~ Wiring
Autowatch Ghost MetaTrak ScorpionTrack SmarTrack AirliftPerformance Intermotiv Rotiform Wheels
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Good to see the thread updated, I’ll look forward to the next update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Danwatts18
100BHP+

Post by Danwatts18 »

Thanks for all your help bud. It's really appreciated.

And my god do you get up early 🤣🤣
DWAUTOMOTIVE
Autowatch Ghost MetaTrak ScorpionTrack SmarTrack AirliftPerformance Intermotiv Rotiform Wheels
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Awesome, I can't wait to see the progress from here.
Love the printed wire tags, that's so far beyond my levels of organisation.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Nice, real nice!

Fantastic attention to detail and also doing the wiring correctly not just chucking in the extra wires!

Looking forward to the next update too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DW2207 »

This build has added a new twist, love it.
You say you will encounter problems Dan, apart from engine changes would this also be due to the fact you are fitting a MQB platform power train into a pq35 platform caddy?
Are you going to add the 4 motion rear drive also?
Looking forward to the outcome on this. Will be one heck of a van once done that's for sure mate

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

From earlier discussions, I'm 99.9% sure it's a PQ platform gearbox he's using buddy, not MQB.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Danwatts18
100BHP+

Post by Danwatts18 »

Thank you all

Yes Scirocco PQ gearbox. Staying front wheel drive.

I planned on putting a Wavetrac diff in before it got to this stage but got impatient and decided to just fit it all together. One day it will happen though as I think it'll be a handful otherwise
DWAUTOMOTIVE
DW2207
Hyper Poster

Post by DW2207 »

Lovely, thanks for clearing this up doc/Dan.
My van is with heff and medz currently having a tfsi conversion. Looked at the tsi engines but was abit out of my budget.
Your van is certainly going to be shifting that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

KSBike
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by KSBike »

Hi @Danwatts18

Van looks amazing just been through your thread lots of hard work done but the result is a stand out vehicle
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Looks like a very thorough conversion you’re undertaking there. Hats off to you mate. Hope it all goes smoothly

Rescue me from the swans in me
Danwatts18
100BHP+

Post by Danwatts18 »

9th June Not much achieved today, but did manage to sort my battery relocation. Now hidden inside a Touran base. Made up a little couple of brackets to secure it in place. Seems to be relatively solid so will do for me. Going to add a couple of Rubber/Foam pads to try cushion it rather than rattling.

Then tried to play with coolant lines, which is becoming more of a nightmare every day. Looking so far that I may need to change water pump housing as it looks different to diagrams, potentially has changed 😪

DWAUTOMOTIVE
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

You can get the unions separate to configure how you need them.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629