Tips for removing accelerator pedal

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Poffe
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Tips for removing accelerator pedal

Post by Poffe »

stu_b wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:27 pm For some reason I can't open the attachment...
Dont bother just yet! Tried it out today, and it is at least 20-25mm too short. I’ll remake the model in cad and reprint and try again
Caddy Maxi 1.6 TDI -2014. First time VW/Caddy owner, already deep in the rabbit hole

Caddy Maxi - daily and camper build
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

This is printed from the attached file, had to scale your model to 52.5mm total width.
Seems LHD and RHD may not need just a mirror image of each other.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Poffe
100BHP+

Post by Poffe »

Doc wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:28 pm This is printed from the attached file, had to scale your model to 52.5mm total width.
Seems LHD and RHD may not need just a mirror image of each other.
Great that you have already tested it for RHD. That is something I won’t be able to.
Alright! Mine had correct width, but was too short.

I can correct the model for RHD and upload again if you just specify what was wrong with the current model.
Was it the inner width that was changed? Long enough?
Caddy Maxi 1.6 TDI -2014. First time VW/Caddy owner, already deep in the rabbit hole

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The square ended tong needs to be 2mm narrower in width to fit to pedal.
The taper ended tong needs to be 1mm narrower in width and about 20mm longer to hit the required position.

If I have time today I may mock up another and test.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Poffe
100BHP+

Post by Poffe »

Doc wrote:The square ended tong needs to be 2mm narrower in width to fit to pedal.
The taper ended tong needs to be 1mm narrower in width and about 20mm longer to hit the required position.

If I have time today I may mock up another and test.
I remembered that opening a mesh model (.stl) in cad makes the model 10x the original scale. So when I opened it in cad and mirrored the part it totally lost the scale.

I found a picture were both T10238 and T10240 is in the same picture. Measured my T10238 (which did fit in width, but was too short) and scaled it accordingly in cad. Put the picture with both versions of the tool behind it like a canvas in correct scale. That way I could sketch T10240 from picture. In theory, it should be a copy of the original tool.

VW_T10238_T10240_3D.zip
(32.8 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Attachments
VW_T10238_T10240_3D.zip
(32.8 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Nice, thanks.
I'll put it in my print queue and get it printed and tested ASAP.

Poffe
100BHP+

Post by Poffe »

Doc wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:45 pm Nice, thanks.
I'll put it in my print queue and get it printed and tested ASAP.
Great! Let me know how it works and if I need to modify it in any way