Virtual cockpit in caddy iv

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
EricsCaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Re: Virtual cockpit in caddy iv

Post by EricsCaddy »

I’d imagine so! It was a very easy upgrade overall, the hard bits parting with the cash :lol:

Using the same logic I used… these virtual dashes can be retrofitted into any caddy 2004 till 2020 so plenty of options for everyone else
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
DubVrs
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by DubVrs »

Looks really good and quite tempted myself as this is the only thing left that i miss from my Tiguan is the virtual cockpit.
Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Winst »

Now that is cool…. 😎 👌🏻 Awesome work, well done
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by fishynos72 »

I'm stupid and keen :D :D

Do you have a link of where you've purchased it from?
I know most won't say it supports TDI but you've proven otherwise.

.... and thankfully my van is too old to have adBlue.
How many is too many Volkswagens?
DubVrs
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by DubVrs »

Does the screen have the options to change how it looks or colours etc?
Last edited by Lister79 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

@fishynos72

Yup that was me :D

Link to what I purchased here:

£525.14 30% Off | Digital Dashboard Panel Virtual Instrument Cluster CockPit LCD Speedometer for VW Golf 7 Golf 6 Passat B7 B6 CC Scirocco Tiguan
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vexdBW
Last edited by Lister79 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed and tag added
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

@Autokraft

Yeah loads of different screen layout options and sizes. Can just have a large speedo in the middle or none at all just small digital in the corners if you wanted.

I think you can see on a previous page 4 or 5 I posted some photos and I changed the needle and dial colours from red to blue, there’s a huge choice of colours that’s linked to ambient lighting so if you happen to have oem lighting it will control and match those also
Last edited by Lister79 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed and tag added
spacewalker
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by spacewalker »

Anyone can show here is exactly connect and what sub-board contain? Cpu, memory, connectors...
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

If you watch this video it might help, has a few good
Clips of the board / chips etc

https://youtu.be/6nV9L-hzpp8
Last edited by Lister79 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
spacewalker
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by spacewalker »

Thx, good video
fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by fishynos72 »

@EricsCaddy

Thank you for that link.

Does it play nice with your RCD carplay/app connect radio?
Last edited by Lister79 on Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote and tag added
How many is too many Volkswagens?
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

A nice mod that mate. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

@fishynos72
I’ve got a discovery media and it links up with that fine, standard steering wheel controls and stuff all link up and work with it.

The original clocks don’t really link up with the radio anyway but still displays stations and info etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, added username tag
Servicon
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Servicon »

Hi all,

@EricsCaddy, excellent work mate. I definitely want this upgrade. I have a mk4 2.0TDI with standard radio (not discover media) and standard instrument cluster (not highline). All the information is a bit overwhelming for me to understand.
Are you able to explain what I would need to purchase beside the Scirocco digital dash, what mods need to be made to the unit and the fitment of it and does it work seemlessly with the TDI version. Your help would be greatly appreciated
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

@Servicon
Hey mate, I think you’d need to upgrade to a highline cluster and then transfer the board over into the virtual cockpit as the standard one might not work.

To get it to fit involves trimming the edge and top of the cluster a little and removing a few bits of plastic behind the clocks to get it to fit nice.

Seemlessly isn’t the word I’d use for it though lol everything works great but the mpg is miles off, also a little faffy scrolling the menu since you have to scroll up / down but press ok to confirm what you want on the larger screen.
I think it’s over priced for what you get also.

You gain in some areas but lose in others like the extra details on the original clocks. Eg original will show bulb warning and come up in the middle “check front left fog” but the virtual dash just puts the bulb light on which was abit disappointing
Last edited by Giddy on Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post