Virtual cockpit in caddy iv

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Virtual cockpit in caddy iv

Post by Doc »

Awesome!
Looks great.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
EricsCaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by EricsCaddy »

Still need to do some of the wiring, trimming etc but was just a quick test after I finished work to test it out. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Brilliant!

Looks good just sitting there, going to look even better once you’ve adapted it to fit the dash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

Cool

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Very cool. Looks like it will be easily adapted to fit properly also.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Yeah, thankfully the full frame has around 10mm of just thin plastic all the way round meaning if you spent long enough or had a good template you could get it 100%… which I intend to do. I did a quick mock up just to get it in place for now and I’m happy with the temp job.

Pleased to say it looks and operates the same as oem so no complaints yet still. If you didn’t know it supports mirror link / screening / Apple car play etc but I couldn’t picture that yet as I need a second phone. I’ll use the wife’s tomorrow and get some then :D

2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Beaker2135 »

Absolutely brilliant
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
Imprintx
100BHP+

Post by Imprintx »

Brilliant mod, can’t wait to see it all operational :D
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster

Post by DeanWhit »

Looks absolutely superb
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Been so busy today as the panels have all came back from the bodyshop… as I was in the middle of fitting some GTE seats… so not had a chance to do anymore with the dash, but I did make a template of the original ready to trim more.

I did sit and watch the F1 on the dash for a while though :lol: quality has dimmed down a little but it’s in full HD.

Cgiorgi
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Cgiorgi »

This screen looks so good in the Caddy!
Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

Superb mate
Congratulations 👏
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Sean1066
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Sean1066 »

That looks awesome 🤩
Makes me want to go and get one 🤣
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Thanks all, I really do love it!
Obviously it has its downsides… it’s a scirocco dash so displays a scirocco when doors are open but thankfully they all still work fine, sliding door shows as a rear door, back of the van open shows as boot open, that sort of thing.

Something else to note is I can’t seem to find the bluemotion section I previously had, that says when it needs topping up. Although it’s not often and I can check with Vcds it may be an issue in the future….

I made a template and trimmed the frame earlier and got it fitted all snug anyway so that’s job done really, could do with a little trim piece for under the dash to fill the gap abit but imagine I’ll not even notice it.
Dav02
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Dav02 »

Looks pretty cool that. Wonder if we’ll see many others have a go now you’ve shown what is possible?
2016 Caddy Highline. 2.0 TDi 102ps (ReMapped to 180)

Build Thread