Let the build begin - Plushed/Bagged VR6

Show off your caddy
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Re: Let the build begin - Plushed VR6

Post by C Chis »

Looking to rub it down, treat the rust, etch prime and spray it India blue or perhaps finish with black gravitex, not sure yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Skulirag
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Skulirag »

Thing looks sick!

Where are the secondary rubber seals from ?
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Hiya, cheers!

I bought one from eBay a while back the other was from LLL parts, both genuine VW Caddy door seals.

Cuts out a little noise but makes the doors sound so nice when closing!

2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

C Chis
Hyper Poster

Let the build begin - Plushed/Bagged VR6

Post by C Chis »

Touran xenon headlights fitted this morning, straight forward enough. Halfway house for now (manual level adjustment) until I’ve tried them for a bit.

Need to get rid of the moisture with some silica gel sachets to get rid of the moisture, downside of long term storage and fitting them on a cold, wet drizzly day Image

Halfway house : removed the Touran stepper motors and replaced them with the original Caddy headlight height adjustment motors. Holding off on fitting the front and rear level sensors and the control module for automatic levelling until I’ve run them for a bit to make sure I’m happy with them.

Original stepper motor on the way out

Caddy motor installed with the original fittings, you’ve got to love VW for their multi use parts!

Additional wires run from the CECM to headlights to operate the Shutters for main beam, coding ticked and most importantly, no warning light on the instrument cluster and no flickering!

Going to swap out the H7 halogen lamps in a few weeks to try and match the colour temperature to the xenon’s.

Then… automatic levelling and headlight washers!