A Good Caddy

Show off your caddy
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

A Good Caddy

Post by FishermansFriend »

This is my Caddy. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Caddy is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Caddy, without me, is useless. Without my Caddy, I am useless. I must drive my Caddy true. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts and its accessories. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage. I will keep my Caddy clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will... Before God, I swear this creed.

I bought a 171 2L TDI 75Bhp Pure Grey Caddy at the end of May, this is a picture of it when i picked it up. At this point I didn't even think of doing any work to it, it wasn't until I discovered this forum I thought I'd do a few little things but now i'm finding it hard to stop :|
Attachments
DSCF0010_01.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Re: A Good Caddy

The first thing I added was a Discover Media MIB2 head unit. The sound is much better that the stock one I had. Really like the app connect and Google maps.
Attachments
DSC_5082.JPG
DSC_5083.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Stedlocks »

Everyone says that to start with! :lol:
Love a pure grey though......it was second on my list of colours!
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I upgraded the speakers to the FOCAL 165VW, they were supposed to be plug and play but the only plug and play thing about them is the connectors. After I removed the old ones the Focal ones wouldnt fit, I had to order adapter rings but they wouldnt fit, ended up modifying some old adapters and got them installed. Not so plug and play after all.

I also bought the Focal BUSI20 Subwoofer, also supposed to be plug and play but I couldn't get it connected to my Discover Media Head Unit, back on the to do list.
Attachments
DSC_5215.JPG
DSC_5127.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Next I thought I'd tackle the gear stick as it was a bit wore out, I was surprised as the van only has 24K miles on it. I read a post on here when i first discovered the form of someone modifying the gear stick and cutting it down. I didnt think i'd be able to handle it but thought i'd give it a go anyway. I got a Genuine VW Golf Mk7 GTD Ball Black Gear Shift Knob & Boot of Amazon. I switched the base over to the Caddy base, the staples were a hard to get out but I took my time as I didnt want to cause any damage as I normally would :lol:. I didnt want to reuse the staples as they were hard to get out so I could imagine how hard they would be to get back in. I used a small drill I use for fishing and drilled extra holes along the caddy base and then I used a needle and some mono fishing line to sew the gator to the base. Petty happy with how it turned out. I haven't had a chance to install it yet as the van in in the garage.
Attachments
DSC_5176.JPG
DSC_5182.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I got a engine cover 04L103925 from the bay, came all the way from Poland, It was in good nick. I got the two VW 04L103164 ball joints and the VW04L133287 washer and managed thisone myself :D
Attachments
DSC_5152.JPG
DSC_5137.JPG
DSC_5136.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I bought these 18" rims before I bought the van, it was a big mistake. I couldn't sleep at night thinking I didn't like them so Ive bought a set of the Audi 19” rs7 alloys and having them fitted this week.

I also bought a RDX Vario Front Bumper Lip Splitter and Side Skirt Trims Blades Stone Protectors that I now dont like. I rushed into buying them, it was before I discovered this forum. The missus is telling me the back yard is starting to look Steven Avery's from Making A Murder.
Attachments
DSC_5087_01.jpg
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Picked up some Caddy floor mats, 2K1 061 442 HA 469.
Attachments
DSC_5115.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I got a KSB Auto Styling Front Splitter and the TRC Side Skirt Splitters in gloss black. They are been fitted this week when the van is in the garage.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
DSC_5098.JPG
Last edited by FishermansFriend on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I picked up these fog lights. Wishing I had got the auto switch but Ill take care of that later.
Attachments
DSC_5108.JPG
DSC_5105.JPG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Got some Caddy Life mirrors, really liking these. They are not the electric folding ones, just the regular heated electric ones.
Attachments
DSC_5193.JPG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Thats where I am at to date with my caddy. I have a set of BC Racing Coilovers ordered, hopefully Ill have them next week, just have to find someone to fit them. I hope to have the van back from the shop tomorrow, its getting all of the above bits fitted and the bumpers sprayed, spoiler and side rail cover fitted.

I think I will take care of the sound proofing, insulation and carpet next. After that it will be the seats and steering wheel.

I have a few other minor things I plan on doing soon like tinted rear lights and brake light and reflectors and the paint shop wouldn't spray my chrome front trim black as he said it would come off sooner or later so I am gonna get it tinted when i am tinting the 2 small windows.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I bought the Caddy to haul my fishing gear about. The car wasn't cut out for it, everything had to be packed away a certain way. I love getting out on the bank and hope the Caddy will improve my catch rate :lol:
Attachments
DSC_3245.JPG
DSC_2326.JPG
DSC_0353.JPG
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Stedlocks wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:18 pm Everyone says that to start with! :lol:
Love a pure grey though......it was second on my list of colours!
Yes I have noticed that from other treads, I'm hoping I can follow suit :lol:
Andy76
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Andy76 »

Good progress. Will be good to see the pics when you get it back

keep up the good work