What head units are everyone going with.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jackdawson1812
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

What head units are everyone going with.

Post by jackdawson1812 »

I’m looking at updating the head unit in the van ideally I’d want dab, Bluetooth, nav and apple car play

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AT THE END OF THE DAY IT GETS DARK
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: What head units are everyone going with.

Post by Scoobysrt »

Just put in a kenwood dnx5190dabs.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
jackdawson1812
Caddy Fan

Post by jackdawson1812 »

Have you got a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I will take a pic tomorrow for you.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Yakker
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Yakker »

We've got an Android Auto / Apple Car play unit in the R -- it insists on being connected via a data cable to the phone. If the phone moves/cable disconnects then the music stops - not impressed - would check whether the Apple Car play needs a physical connection.
jackdawson1812
Caddy Fan

Post by jackdawson1812 »

I’ve been looking online and speaking to the company that come In to work and unfit other bits to the audi when we are busy and they said I can have car play but loose the dab I have atm, but this means a new head unit I’ve also been doing some research into different brands of head units to fit in place of the standard one so it still looks semi factory.

This is what I’m thinking of atm but does mean I loose dab capability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

As promised here's my kenwood,
It was important for me to have it all in one box, I didn't want maps coming off my phone for example.
I may make a collar that brings it flush with the facia but I've not decided yet.
The adaptor plate was £20 from halfords.

jackdawson1812
Caddy Fan

Post by jackdawson1812 »

That looks nice where did you get the head unit from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Got it online, I won't promote the business as it was wrapped badly, luckily only the outside box was smashed to bits and the unit was OK.
You can get it most places, I paid £585 delivered and it came with rear view camera.
Sommarstrom
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Sommarstrom »

I can recommend Kenwood Car Audio DMX8020DABS, as it have wireless carplay and wireless andoid auto.
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood ... le-carplay
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I beleive all their double dins do sommarstrom ;)

I paid another £40 and got my dnx5190dabs which plays cds and dvds as well, and has built in sat nav
Sommarstrom
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sommarstrom »

@Scoobysrt
Its only their 2 topmodels that have wireless andoid auto. I just wanted to mention that since many are installing wireless charging.
Last edited by Giddy on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Dude im not meaning to argue but your wrong, mine has wireless android and its 3 down. The one you linked to is just about in the top 10 list.

The one you linked to is just a media player, the all time top units in their current range have sat nav, dabs, cd and dvd player, android auto and apple car play along with a whole host of other features. The one you linked is in top 3 of media players but barely makes top 10 of the full range.

Mine was £585 and has everything I listed, it's number 3 in their range because its only a 6.8" screen. The better ones have bigger screen that flips down to reveal the disc and sd slots but they are almost the same cost again.
When I saw my unit on sale from £980+ down to £585 it was hard to say no.
Sommarstrom
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sommarstrom »

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I don't need to, I own it :lol:
See my pictures above.