Caddy asz swap help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
D3FC0N1NC
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Caddy asz swap help

Post by D3FC0N1NC »

@Azz03
That's what I was trying to figure out with regards mounts and gearbox Ect but I have a complete ASZ with FJW box with ARL 150 turbo exhaust ill fabricate as I go along as might still change route and go down the 2260 route

Still trying to navigate around the forum currently and trying to figure out what I can from some build threads as I think I'm restricted from other parts of the forum still currently
Last edited by Giddy on Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed irrelevant quote
Bassvanman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bassvanman »

I’m wondering if anyone can help I’ve kinda ran into a problem with the bls to asz conversion basically I’m running when I pull away it boosts once the I get a weird shuddering between 2-3000 rpm.
Then it doesn’t boost at all I’ve had it mapped by fadr so I’ve not got egr in the question is it as easy as putting a n75 on the brake booster vaccum pump and n75 to turbo as I feel like my problem is vaccum related I got a new n75 valve and I stiill have the problem I’ve not got any one way valves or vaccum expansion tank in are these needed to retain the vaccum on the valve thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by John9n3gti »

I had these problems after I had a fadr map they was saying I didn’t have pd130 injectors an kept blaming my van, took it out an the problem went away ecu still sat on the self

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'd suspect the map is to blame. Most likely requesting a ton of boost to the point the turbo can't back off quick enough once it comes on boost.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Bassvanman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bassvanman »

Cheers guys

Bassvanman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bassvanman »

And docs reply makes sense cos if I just potter about it seems to be ok and doesn’t cut off at all thanks I’ll get another bls ecu put my pd105 injectors back in for now

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

I’m another one to agree with doc, I see it a lot more often now where people have the pd130/150 conversions done then someone will just Chuck a generic map on it instead of making its own map.

I’ve got a full asz pd130 conversion in mine and a 6 speed gearbox which I think is 02n code big alloy s3 intercooler etc. depending on where your located have a word with Matt at dubunit in Tamworth he knows his stuff and will be able to sort you a proper map.

shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Post by shanky887614 »

the main issue with any remaps is a lot of places dont do a very good job, there are ways to cheat if its underboosting because the map isnt scaled right

i think i spent about 4/5 hours just adjusting boost request maps on a hybrid turbo (did it by doing loads of logs at varied engine loads then adjusted the request maps to suit)

i could have been lazy and just adjusted the boost deviatin maps etc to allow for some under/overboost but thats being lazy and not quite right
KdyARL
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by KdyARL »

John9n3gti wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:34 pm Hi not sure if this is in the right category. Have just done the conversion from bls to asz and 6 speed box, I used a Garret off the bmm what was almost a straight swap pd130 injectors, done the crank sensor mod, done the crank pulley swap to the bls one but left the asz crank sensor. But went to get it mapped an the guy said I needed to leave the asz pulley and not to swap it, he tried to map it but was in limp mode and wouldn’t Rev over 3k, when you drive it not sure why as all the guides online say to swap it, it’s only the backing plate on the pulley what I need as the actual pulleys have the same part number. Not sure how to upload pics as got loads of the swap cheers john
What bearings do you have mounted? I have a Caddy Swap ARL that I am going to mount and the gearbox but I don't know what bearings I should use. Do ARL driveshafts have to be used with Caddy driveshaft tips?

Que palieres llevas montados? Tengo una Caddy Swap ARL que la voy a montar ya la caja de cambios pero no se que palieres debo de usar. ¿Hay que usar los palieres de ARL con las puntas de palieres de Caddy?
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]KdyARL [/mention] not sure on the bearings part, but I have mk5 gti driveshafts on mine with no issues

Graanddd
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Graanddd »

Cultus wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:40 am S3 intercooler
did you buy your cooler new?
Bassvanman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bassvanman »