Bulge on drivers side rear door?

Pics from around the web
WTTN x
Caddy2k Groupie

Bulge on drivers side rear door?

Post by WTTN x »

Hi Folks, brand new to the forum about to purchase my first Caddy on Monday

It's an ex-BG one as a lot of people tend to go for, but this one has a strange plastic bulge on the outside of the driver's side rear door.

I haven't seen this on any other one i've looked at over the last few weeks, and i quick googling doesn't bring up any results that make sense - does anyone know what it is and whether or not there's a big sod-off hole behind it? :lol:

Cheers!

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Bulge on drivers side rear door?

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
That looks like a gas vent used on vans that carry "heavy" gas. I'm gonna say yes, there will be a hole behind it right the way into the interior.
I'm sure I've seen someone else on the forum with this, hopefully they can speak up and maybe show some photos of their van and the hole.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
WTTN x
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by WTTN x »

Thank you Doc!

That definitely sounds like it makes sense - I'm going to view it Monday, so I'll weigh up how bothered I am by the ugly plastic before I commit to it lol.

As an aside, are replacements doors in the LT5B colour code difficult to come by? :roll:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

There's lots of these ex-BG maxis around on the roads so I'd say they are plentiful in breakers yards too.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Maybe try colour coding if first to see if you can live with it like that.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro