Caddy Tax Class

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
neilmcl
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Caddy Tax Class

Post by neilmcl »

The PLG tax class is essentially a catch all class for all cars that don't fit the main Diesel or Petrol Car classes, they don't necessarily have to be "goods vehicles". In fact before they brought out the tax rates based on CO2 all cars were classed as PLG vehicles. But you're right, both VW and Sirus Automotive that do the WAV adaptions both confirm that the C20 Life is a car.
Last edited by Giddy on Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Vlad
Caddy Fan

Post by Vlad »

Definitley "Diesel Car". Just had my renewal notice from DVLA.
(2011 Maxi Life ex WAV)
Vlad
Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

And that's what I've just had ours changed to but it does need to go through the new keeper scenario to change tax class I believe.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

That adds an extra owner on to the log book, you should be able to write to dvla and get it done without that.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
neilmcl
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by neilmcl »

Correct. There's a section where you can make certain changes to the vehicle details, incl tax class without having to have a new keeper.
Last edited by dan@biali on Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

Yeah bottom of blue bit, surly if you write Diesel Car in there and go to post office they can change it? Guy I dealt with took a few attempts but definitely got it changed and my receipt says diesel car, £115 for 6 months.

Last edited by dan@biali on Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilmcl
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by neilmcl »

That's exactly what I have been doing but every PO I've been to can't seem to get it done, they even had to phone up their helpdesk on one occasion but they couldn't shed any light on it. I wonder if it could be that the tax is up for renewal at the end of this month, although we've not yet had the renewal notice in. Who knows.

Anyway the docs are off to the DVLA now so they can sort it,. hopefully it won't take too long.
Last edited by dan@biali on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlwynMike
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AlwynMike »

I'm a bit late to the party but my Mk 3 2015 Life is M1, Diesel Car.
neilmcl
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by neilmcl »

Just a quick update if anyone's interested.

Had to send the V5c off to DVLA along with a V10 and a cheque for the tax and they managed to sort it. Changed it to "Diesel Car" so shouldn't have any issues going forward. Was a bit worried as the tax was due to run out at the end of the month and I was concerned it might take months due to all the delays at the DVLA but it just got done yesterday in time for Nov 1st.
Pman1984
100BHP+

Post by Pman1984 »

Glad you got sorted in the end. Pity the PO couldn't make it work, would have been alot less effort for all. My new book arrived in the other day with the change to diesel car.

Jeremy Caddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jeremy Caddy »

Beware of delays dealing with DVLA. I had to wait 13 weeks earlier this year (June)to get a couple of typos corrected on a V5c. A lot of their staff are still working from home and they have a huge backlog. Told not to bother chasing it up till at least 12 weeks had passed! Got it sorted eventually but worth bearing in mind if it's time dependant.
Things may have improved a bit by now but beware.
Tigcraft
100BHP+

Post by Tigcraft »

Old post I know, I was thinking of getting a replacement to my caddy Kombi being a few choices, nearly everything similar with rear seats what ever I look at is N1 catergory and commercial tax. In fact I double checked some caddy life models of same engine (1.6tdi) and age (2014) and although they were classed as M1 there were a fraction dearer tax. What’s going on? Why was my tax the cheapest I’ve ever seen on a caddy? Are they just random office classifications on a dozy Friday afternoon?

So the question I ask is how many people have M1 on the reg docs and what are you paying RFL?