REKT's 06 Caddy 1.9TDI

Show off your caddy
rekt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

REKT's 06 Caddy 1.9TDI

Post by rekt »

So I have Just purchased my first Caddy, its a 1.9tdi with electric windows / heated mirrors and air conditioning, the paint code is LD7U Offroad Grey which is a colour I don't see too often which is nice, the previous owner has changed the rear lights to the facelift model (which need coding in) and the front lights I believe are Touran lights with angel eyes glued onand painted black.

In the back its racked out to be a detailing van so it's split in half pretty much which I'll get more photos of later.

I'm hoping to get it tidied up a little bit over the coming weeks and just do some simple modifications, maybe even fit MK4 Golf heated recaros?

Another bonus is the side door rail cover which was included but I have got to fit it
rekt
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: REKT's 06 Caddy 1.9TDI

Post by rekt »

So quick update I've just had a quick look over the van and it needs 4 tyres as they are cracked, 2 outer CV boots, track rod end dust cover, drop link dust cover, sliding door lower hinge, rear NS door anti swing latch.

Looks like I've got a busy weekend ahead, tempted to change the wheels altogether now I know I've got to change 4 tyres and maybe a lowering kit depending if it can still carry weight in the back, going to have about 200kg of tools in the back does anyone know if lowering kits handle this?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

I think you should be ok with 200kg in the back. I’ve got the STX kit on mine and when I go camping, I reckon I’m somewhere around 200kg fully loaded. I’ve got about 60mm arch gap when unloaded so I’m not silly low. If you’re really concerned, look into air suspension……it’s expensive though!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
rekt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rekt »

Yeah I suppose I forgot I can always adjust the height to suit the load, I have had 2 cars with air ride and I don't think I'll be doing it to my caddy :lol:

Previous air ride cars (I think the golf will be more popular on this form :lol: )
Last edited by Giddy on Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
rekt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rekt »

Just a couple of rear interior shot with stuff I've thrown in to get out the way, on the second photo you can see where the water tank sat Image

Now on for the issues I've got the sliding door roller bracket which is missing the plastic wheel so I'm going to order a new one and then sand back the rust and spray with some paint to hinder the rust, also the rear door check strap is way past its best

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

rekt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rekt »

So this week I've had the service parts arrive (oil/oil filter/ fuel filter) 2 new outer CVC boots and a track rod end. I've also got the rear window guards to fit as at the moment its just a black vinyl wrap on the outside. For the doors I also ordered a new lower runner for the left sliding door and a door check strap for the left barn door as it swings too far open and doesn't lock off.

Hopefully tomorrow I should have some new wheels for it too :)

rekt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rekt »

Got on with some small bits today, still more to do but most probably wont be until next weekend now.

the side door lower arm was non existent but I'm going to have to prep the area and get some paint on it to stop any future rusting, but at least for now no more damage can be done and it shuts smoothly.

Go the rear door check strap on today which is much needed in the wind:

and last but not least got the rear window guards fitted
rekt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rekt »

So today went to sort the turbo out because the actuator diaphragm was knackered and causing boost issues and snapped the bolts that hold the actuator on so now I'm gonna buy a new turbo as it would just be my luck that I refit the turbo and the bearings will go or something stupid.

so after that absolute pain job of getting the turbo off I decided to lower the rear so next weekend I can get on with refitting new turbo and lowering the front. Aslo Looks like it will need axle centralising plates now

sewi
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by sewi »

You're brave man. That Caddy has seen better days. I would maybe suggest addressing rust first to have a clean sheet to pile mods on.
rekt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rekt »

Yeah I do need to sort the rust on the sliding door opening, but to be fair this is a high mileage van that I'd be happy to get at least a years use from, as on my previous vehicle I managed to do 20,000 miles in a year
MattL87
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MattL87 »

Nice colour that
2008 PD130 ASZ conversion
Hybrid turbo
Large S3 alloy intercooler
Narco mapped
rekt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rekt »

Cheers I have a feeling might be effort finding a colour coded bumper for it as never see off-road grey caddy’s
rekt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by rekt »

Cracked on with the turbo today then stopped part way though because I decided to change the oil feed line to braided one and ordered the Darkside EGR delete kit as my ECU has it mapped out, so after all this I got fitting the front coilovers and rear axle relocation plates and I'm really happy with the results... hope the fronts settle a little bit so I can dial in the height properly as the rear is a bit too low and that's on the second hole down on the adjusters

Relocation plates I bought off of ebay, were easy enough to install and seem to be sitting right, just need to get some new wheels now
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

Nice work so far on this mate 👍
Mancwebby
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Mancwebby »

Is it that easy to do your self