First things first

Pics from around the web
Sg4lyf
Caddy2k Groupie

First things first

Post by Sg4lyf »

I picked up a caddy in auction a couple months ago and I believe it was an intentional scam. Its a 2009 plate swb with interior upgrades. Came with no key, when I had a key made and started the van the engine rocked like mad and there is continuous smoke. I'm aware iv been robbed what would you guys do? I wanna make the most of a bad situation and slowly restore this van. Firstly I want to have the engine changed. The intended engine is engine code: bst which is a sdi but clearly has a tdi of some sort, which I don't mind but it's now for me to identify the engine code. The timing belt cover is of the sdi
The number on the block is 038103373r
Can anyone offer any insight? ImageImage

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: First things first

Post by Doc »

You might well have fell upon an already converted but failed SDI to TDI conversion. Not as uncommon as you might imagine.

The part number you've given is a common 8V 1.9TDI cylinder head.
It may be worthwhile having someone look at the ECU, the condition of the injectors/timing/etc. and even the map file on the ECU. There may well be a simple solution to the rocking and smoke.

Have a look for some other part numbers, this will help identify the exact engine you have.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Sg4lyf
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: First things first

Post by Sg4lyf »

Yeah will do. Thanks for the advice

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post