Nice project van ;)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
EricsCaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Re: From Rags To Riches: Mk4 project

Post by EricsCaddy »

@Andrew5

Arm rest is from a mk4 and is black, although the pictures don’t quite show it properly as I scrubbed it with one of those magic sponge cleaning things which really dulls it down. I do that on all the interior parts before applying the shiny interior trim polish to make it all look new again.

The grill was from eBay, link here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284832099049 ... media=COPY
Last edited by Lister79 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed and tag added.
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
Stevens
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Stevens »

Those seats look brilliant.dash is a very nice mod also.gona be a very nice van when done.
Andrew5
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Andrew5 »

Niceone cheers for the link to the grill
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Just a little update, bought some GTI pedal covers to go on, so swapped them over, two minute job but makes the difference.

Not that you needed to see, but before photo…

And fitted

I also finished off the stitching on the steering wheel cover but leaving it for a day or two to let it stretch and settle before going over it and tightening all the joints.

And… if you can see… those are brand new floor mats also :lol:
Last edited by EricsCaddy on Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ToiletTFSI »

The cluster looks great… have you had a play with them anymore?
Anything that doesn’t work etc? Interested if it links to the discovery pro say nav, phone etc?

Do you have a link to them? One I found was AliExpress?

How’s the fit going?
Last edited by Lister79 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote of multiple photos removed.
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

I’ve messed around with it for a few hours but that’s about it. Using the van for work next week so that’s going to be the real test. I’ll make a thread about it with links and stuff but in general I’d describe it as great with a few drawbacks.

As far as I know Aliexpress is the only place to buy them.

Navigation doesn’t link up from the radio (I have factory discovery media unit fitted) as the navigation menu is actually the mirror link option to view your phone videos etc
Last edited by Lister79 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

More of the little updates.
I purchased a sunglasses holder from a new shape polo, wasn’t a direct fit sadly. I had to remove the metal guide that sits inside where the screws go from the original grab handle and slide them into the sunglasses holder. Other than that looks and works great, for the sake of £10 it’s another accessory ticked off the options list.

EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Next I purchased an auto light switch with the chrome trim, just for the added effect. It was originally from a mk6 Golf but fitted fine other than the plug was the other way round. I had auto lights from the factory so only benefit being the chrome trim.

EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

I seen another member had fitted a slightly different engine cover to the usual ones I see people fitting, so scrolled eBay looking at used engine covers until I seen the one I wanted. I’ll also be copying what they did and painting the engine cover and a few other pieces but the engine bay isn’t high up on the to do list just yet so that’ll have to do for now. Bonus they have the thick rubber sound deadening attached so will slightly quieten the engine down.

Poor engine bay is in need of some attention though Image

rodmax
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by rodmax »

Hi
Loving the build so far :D
Can i ask where you got the steering wheel cover from .
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Thanks, here’s a link to what I purchased.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vogON0

Although there’s a few other places that sell them. I’m going to update next with some photos Image
Last edited by Lister79 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Boring update but I was tired of looking at the roof rack so removed it. That with the massive arch gap made it look massive.

Thankfully it was only a couple of bolts and came straight off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

As mentioned on a previous update I loosely fitted the steering wheel cover / retrim and started to stitch it up. It takes hours to do so not an easy job but skill level is low Image
Every few days I would use a pick tool and go around the full wheel and pull all the stitching to get it as tight as it can go with a nice even finish.

Tucked it into all the grooves and finished the final stitches knotting it off to keep it tight for many years to come. Looks and feels great, well worth the time and money!

EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

I’ve still got loads of thread left over from the steering wheel so used some with the same stitch design on the original handbrake leaver. Just another little added touch but it’ll help bring everything together when it’s all done. The blue matches the blue on the edge of the GTE seats so all looks oem.

And done!