From Rags To Riches: Mk4 project

Show off your caddy
BenXCIV
100BHP+

Re: From Rags To Riches: Mk4 project

Post by BenXCIV »

Riiight, I was getting the impression it was accessible from the front.

Found it now - assuming it's that little bugger deep in there?
EricsCaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by EricsCaddy »

That’s the ticket, good find :D
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
bertie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by bertie »

This is a cracker of a thread, I have added a few bits to my to do list
benny_bassline
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by benny_bassline »

awesome build thread
Chris_Fz
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Chris_Fz »

EricsCaddy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:40 pm A lovely big delivery arrived thanks to @Tommyzooom

So today I set about getting some of it installed. I only had one button from the factory for stop/start and the rest were blanks… I’ve got heated windscreen but that’s on the above section.

Removed the airbox, battery and battery tray to get access the ABS pump and wiring. I wanted to add Tyre pressure monitoring and have the option to turn the traction control on and off.

Fed the wires up behind the glovebox and through the oem rubber grommet and connected them up.
Rest went to the bottom to connect to the new buttons and to the body control module.

Coded everything in with VCDS and gave it a quick test, all fitted fine and illuminated… phew!

And when I press the traction button, it switches it off how it should, very happy! Image

To go over the buttons

Park assist - this is connected to a front parking camera (will be shown in future updates)

TPMS - this works to reset the tyre pressures and gives a warning on the dash when pressed as well as a warning if I get a flat tyre

Stop/start - standard on every caddy I think! still works how it should.

ESP - let’s you switch off traction or stability control so great if your wanting to hoon around or in deep snow etc

Heated windscreen - This has been relocated from the top to make room for the heated seat controls and in preparation for future digital controls.

Good day. Please may I ask .
If you will share the pin location and the code ?
-Vw Caddy Pv 2.0TDI 2015 stage 2 + 110wkw / 376nm -
-Nardo Grey & Black Trim
-Rolling on 19" A-line Hostiles
-Owner of Retrofitters
-+2771 027 5064-
Jirka
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Jirka »

Nice wok
MWMRacing
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by MWMRacing »

Digging all of the retrofits all of them are quite fiddly and involved but its awesome to see the end results- intrigued whether the LCD style dash would be compatible with a MK3- but really cool to see it setup in a MK4- have seen aftermarket style ones as well for the Golfs which makes me wonder whether it could work as well?
2013 Caddy Runner- 66KW manual- 2007 SWB Diesel- currently being converted to TFSI
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

MWMRacing wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:57 am Intrigued whether the LCD style dash would be compatible with a MK3- but really cool to see it setup in a MK4- have seen aftermarket style ones as well for the Golfs which makes me wonder whether it could work as well?
Yeah hypothetically the digital dash would work on any caddy 2004 onwards
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

It’s been a long time since I’ve updated this project thread but still been somewhat active on the forum asking questions when needed.

The project hasn’t stopped though with a few nice new touches added, the thought of organising the pictures for here has been putting me off updating to be honest but I’ll give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

I started to do these December 2022… then put them to one side and sort of forgot / put off doing them until a few weeks ago when I got the urge to play about with the van for abit!! So I set about cutting up GTE rear seats, cutting up door cards and making these door cards.

I tried to do as much as I could to show off blue stitching and blue tartan, so the elbow rest area has additional sponge padding with the black seat material, a small section of the textured sort of carbon style pattern on the edge with the blue stitching running along the middle.

The back part was just all blue tartan.

And all fitted, that’s most of the interior finished how I want it now with the heated GTE seats, blue pin stripe on the edge of the seat belts and now door cards to match :D

EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Since I bought the van the side bump strips have been very discoloured and faded, so much so people would mention it and recommend “back to black” products… however I’ve always refused to apply any knowing I want them stripped right back and colour code them without chemicals soaking in and reacting.

Got some good before and after photos showing how bad they got.

I smoothed them off a little, used plastic primer, a good few layers of paint and a few thick layers of lacquer to hopefully protect them, they might not be perfect but I’m very happy with them and a massive improvement!

EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

I had an earlier version of the virtual cockpit fitted previously, had a few glitches along the way but managed to get my hands on the latest gen2 version or so they’ve named it… virtual cockpit so swapped that out and fitted that, got to be one of the best upgrades I’ve done.

Fits really nice but need to do somthing with the trim under it to get it sitting better.

stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

Smick
Must have cost a pretty penny 💰
Love the cruise control speed setting 👍😆
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Small upgrade but brings things bang up to date, nice new latest design VW key.

With the new key and virtual cockpit I’m basically driving a MK8 GTD everyday now lol

Call-Me-Az
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Call-Me-Az »

Another great read, loving all the retro fits that you’ve done, just goes to show a van isn’t just a van if you spend some time giving it some TLC

Salute to you sir