From Rags To Riches: Mk4 project

Show off your caddy
Elijahdilbert
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: From Rags To Riches: Mk4 project

Post by Elijahdilbert »

EricsCaddy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:38 pm I had an earlier version of the virtual cockpit fitted previously, had a few glitches along the way but managed to get my hands on the latest gen2 version or so they’ve named it… virtual cockpit so swapped that out and fitted that, got to be one of the best upgrades I’ve done.

Fits really nice but need to do somthing with the trim under it to get it sitting better.

That dash is top notch! I was gonna swap out my clocks for 3D ones but seeing this I think I’m gonna go for a full digi dash. Do you have a link for the V2 dash from alibaba or where ever it was?

Edit: found your other thread with a AliExpress link!
Last edited by Elijahdilbert on Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pippo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by pippo »

Great work. Thanks for sharing.
EricsCaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by EricsCaddy »

Sound system was something on the to do list and with plenty time off over Christmas and an excuse to treat myself I went in search of upgrades.

Seen many posts from CrownCustoms so went to them and got the premium highest spec “plug and play” kit they had to offer… the Audison range.Image

Everything went together very smoothly but I knew I wanted more before even installing them. I had a 12” sub/amp in the back of my previous caddy, loved the sound but hated how much space it took up so back on the search.
Bingo, proper shaped under seat subwoofer box, enough for a 10” sub! All tucked away hidden under the passenger seat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

I purchased the proper designed VW Caddy under seat subwoofer box from CEN Automotive, was around £120 with Christmas sale but still quite expensive.

Anyway they only fit 10” sub and I wanted my previous 12” sub fitted and wanted the amp controller mounted with it also so… set about hacking up the nice new sub box! Now suitable for a much bigger subwoofer.

I had quite abit of blue tartan left over from doing the door cards so figured I’d use it for the sub box. It was getting cold and dark, knew it would never be seen again and didn’t have the patients to cut and join it a million times so just quickly covered everything is sight and fitted the actual important bits… the sub and amp!

And then fitted it in place.

The floor area was also covered in sound deadening DoDo mat before dropping it in place.

I didn’t want it on permanent / via an ignition live like most systems are so wired it to work via the heated rear screen button as it’s redundant and not connected to anything in my van. So ran the remote switch wire to the relay behind the dash.

All connected up and working so can just switch the sub on / off whenever I want without any hassle at all, the results of everything together….

AMAZING! if you enjoy music this should be top of your upgrade list, for around £500 will transform it from dull standard speakers to top of the range premium range that shake the full van on full bass.
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Subwoofer looks fantastic!!!

Cannot believe 12” fit 😂😂

Square kicker might be fun idea 🤣😂
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ToiletTFSI »

EricsCaddy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:38 pm I had an earlier version of the virtual cockpit fitted previously, had a few glitches along the way but managed to get my hands on the latest gen2 version or so they’ve named it… virtual cockpit so swapped that out and fitted that, got to be one of the best upgrades I’ve done.

Fits really nice but need to do somthing with the trim under it to get it sitting better.

Looks great. Love seeing different mods being done. What’s the difference in the v1 to v2 apart from the physical looks? Is it still a stand alone unit or is there more connectivity to the headunit etc?
Gwiz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Gwiz »

Just read your build so far and what a build the electric work on the dash is great and loving the colour of the van .
EricsCaddy
100BHP+

Post by EricsCaddy »

Sticking with my OEM+ theme… I wanted a dashcam that fitted and looked like it should be there from the factory.

Found a company selling them for loads of different VW models but Caddy wasn’t listed… figured I’d send them a message and some photos of my rear view mirror / rain sensor setup and see what they could do. They sent me a few options and thankfully one of them (think it was mk7 Golf) was 100% perfect fitment.

So basically the bottom trim that sits behind the rear view mirror unclips and you refit one with the camera inside.

Side by side photos

And some of the fitting process.
It came with two wiring choices, plug straight into the OBD2 port or wire into fuse box, switched live etc etc but I decided to make my own…. So I cut the OBD2 connector off, checked the three wires, checked my rain sensor wiring and connected to that (photo below) so nice and easy connections with no messing around with piggyback fuses. (You can buy the harness from elsewhere that connects using this method, I was just impatient and wanted it done)

And of course, all fitted and back together, looks exactly how it did before, but with a camera inside! Trim is 100% perfect fitment, texture & colour.