Door cards for Australia

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
compworx
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Door cards for Australia

Post by compworx »

Hi All,
I would like to update the door cards in my 07 van and I see that you can replace them with the cards from a touran, but we don;t have them here, does any other models other than a life swap out without any issues?
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Re: Door cards for Australia

Post by Ryzar1 »

I have caddy life door cards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

You would have to be mindful of which year you pull them from later models have dark grey trim Anthracite grey earlier have the light grey I’ve updated all the trim so they match Image
It’s a little painful for us Aussies to source stuff

AusCad
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by AusCad »

Yeah, I have been trying to research this as well. It looks like the Tiguan may fit. The first to try will probably have to suck it and see. If I can find some locally, I’ll try and do a measure up.

Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

Not sure about that one even if the door trim did fit the moulding might not match up to the dash might look odd

compworx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by compworx »

Cheers all,

Will have to try and find some life ones, other than ripping them off our life lol

Just picked up a golf gti same year as the caddy at a salvage auction so hopefully can use the leather seats (although they are tan coloured) steering wheel and the left hand stalk and control module to get cruise control going. Then part out the rest to get my money back.
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

You can use all that stuff but you will have to drill out the seats to fit caddy bases

compworx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by compworx »

Thanks
AusCad
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by AusCad »

Is the steering control module plug and play or does it need coding?
I’ve bought a module to handle cruise, pretty sure I need to run the cabling as well.

Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

Not 100% sure with that from memory I think the steering sensor has to be calibrated but as soon as the module was plugged in the steering wheel lit up

compworx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by compworx »

Hi Guys,

Picked up the golf last weekend and started to strip what I wanted.

Managed to put the steering wheel on, installed the steering wheel control module and the left hand stalk and got it all up and running. I did have the steering light come up on the dash and tried to reset it via my Launch tool so I could get rid of it before the HEX-V2 cable became available. Drove a few days without power steering, tried resetting it multiple times but gave up and kept driving until I could use VCDS. But one day I noticed when reversing the lines on the reverse camera started to move again, so next time I stopped I turned full left for 30 seconds, then full right for 30 seconds and then back to center, the moment I hit center I felt the power steering come back in and the light went off.

The next day I then was able to use VCDS and turned on cruise control which then worked. I also had to tell the module that it was now a manual instead of an auto to get rid of the errors of not being able to talk to the auto trans module as the new steering wheel has tip tronic paddles.

Now the only error I get is from the can bus not being able to talk to my after market radio, if I turn it off in vcds I then loose steering wheel controls for the radio, so the error will remain now.
MicrosoftTeams-image (13).png
Seats are a project for this weekend, will see if I can strip the looms from the golf and get the heated seats and electric lumbar to work
Last edited by compworx on Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
compworx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by compworx »

AusCad wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:10 am Is the steering control module plug and play or does it need coding?
I’ve bought a module to handle cruise, pretty sure I need to run the cabling as well.

You need to check if you have a wire in pin 13 in the first pic in this excellent post https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... se+control if not then you will need to run one though the firewall.
compworx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by compworx »

Would love to adapt the golfs dash module in to the caddy so that I can upgrade from low line to high line.

Has anyone been able to do this? I notice the back part of the unit is the same as the caddy, just a slight different shape on the front part than the caddys.
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

You can adapt any really is your caddy diesel or petrol?
If you have a diesel caddy the golf cluster won’t show some errors mainly glow plug issues I have a Tiguan cluster in mine changed the fascia over so it fit but came out of a tdi so shows everything properly

compworx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by compworx »

Cheers

Caddy is diesel and the golf is petrol.

What do I need to change to overcome the immo issue?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk