External Antenna/DAB Antenna

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Luckyaos
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

External Antenna/DAB Antenna

Post by Luckyaos »

Hi All, Has anyone heard, or used the company Panorama-Antennas?

I recently bought a Caddy without roof rails, but It did have what looked like 3 mounting points sticking up and running down just one side. Thought it was odd, but just assumed there had previously been rails fitted. On closer inspection they are all wired on the inside and the cables run through to the front cab and can only assume to the back of the head unit and the cables are marked panorama-antennas.com They look like the provide LTE/mobile internet solutions. I want to remove these and blank off the holes, but didn't want to upset the DAB reception from the head unit. I do also have a DAB antenna on the windscreen. so really not sure what's going on and looking for some help/advice.
TonyC
100BHP+

Re: External Antenna/DAB Antenna

Post by TonyC »

If its a an ex BG fleet caddy maxi it's old antennas from their equipment, they will most likely lead to wires that are already chopped and aren't functioning in anyway as they would have led to things like the laptop dock that would have been part of the racking. I hardly even notice them anymore on my own van
Luckyaos
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Luckyaos »

I did some proper investigating yesterday and it turns out you were 100% correct. It looks like its been ex BG fleet. When I traced all the cables they led back behind the dash and were all just snipped. So I stripped out as much as I could and plugged the holes in the roof with some grommets as a temp measure until I can get a permanent solution. Is there anyone in the Scotland area that could remove the rest of the janky wiring and get it all back to stock? I'm just thinking if I come to do an engine swap at some point this janky wiring may set me back, or certainly make the job much harder.
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

If you take off the compartment where the glove box would be you will find a extra fuse board..
that is where they connect everything up to so just remove all the wire's from there and pull them out.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Luckyaos
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Luckyaos »

Yeah I saw that yesterday! Amazing, thanks man, I'll get on that today :)
TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

That little extra fuse box is handy, I used it to power my reverse camera