Unknown alarm beeping

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
veedubgub
100BHP+

Unknown alarm beeping

Post by veedubgub »

Ive noticed an audiable beeping sound when i switch my ignition off.
Only noticed it while i was changing the brake pads recenty using the steering to fully lock the wheels one way for access to the caliper bolts. Has probably been going on for a while.

Its not very loud... Kind of muffled so you have to listen carefully for it.
Sounds like its coming from somwhere behind the lower dash/driver footwell area whenever i switch the ignition off.

Its a double bleep followed by the same again then nothing else. No warning lights on the dash and everything seems to be as normal.

Anyone know what this is?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited by veedubgub on Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Unknown alarm beeping

Post by Scoobysrt »

It's a long shot but maybe a faulty door switch setting the key in ignition alarm off, see if it stops when you take the key out.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
veedubgub
100BHP+

Post by veedubgub »

Removing the key doesn't seem to make any difference. I get the exact same series of beeps with when i switch ignition of, leaving the key in vs taking it out

Last edited by Giddy on Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Maybe an old immobiliser or alarm that hasn't been disconnected properly?
You might have to poke your head under the dash or take the radio out to see what it is.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Lockstock »

do you have the factory stereo?

some aftermarket do a beep if you have a blutooth phone connected to remind you to take it
veedubgub
100BHP+

Post by veedubgub »

No its an aftermarket Panasonic.
That has a clear loud beeping sound if you leave the front face on when switching off the ignition.

The muffled beepin noise im describing happens if the stereo is not even powered on and the face plate removed.

Last edited by Giddy on Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

Similar happens to me ocassionally.
I've a trailer lights relay, and it is set up that if you flick the rear fogs on and off, the relay will power up a fog light on the trailer, without the fogs on the van being on and reflecting off the front of a trailer. Whilst its on it sounds a warning beep every now and again, until you put the fog switch on and off again to cancel the light/ beep.
Mines muffled because the relay is in the rear.
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)