ASBO PD130

Show off your caddy
the_fid
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

ASBO PD130

Post by the_fid »

So the rack is wired up and I finally have power steering Image

It feels so different to the hydraulic steering, much lighter and less notchy. I’m yet to take it up the road, but I’m looking forward to seeing what it feels like. I’ve coded in the torque steer correction so we will see what that feels like. It’s also an S3 rack so should feel pretty good

3 pin vw plug used so I can unplug if need be:

Loom taped and routed through factory grommets:

Nice and early 1:30am finish Image:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
James
ASBO Performance
260+ BHP PD130 Caddy
the_fid
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: ASBO PD130

Post by the_fid »

Had a spare day today so decided to crack on with some bits I’ve not had the chance to do for a while now

First up was remaking my lower boost hose. My first boost pipe did ok for a little while but I’ve had it pop off under high load one too many times

Here is the original

Here is the new one I made today

So the idea is having a straight joiner rather than a 90 in silicone should hopefully stop it tugging itself loose. It never really sat right and I’ve managed to make it fit a lot nicer than I did before

Second on the list was to make a proper sized intake and not a mismatch of silicone

Here is the before

Here is the after

We’ve managed to increase the size dramatically by ditching the MAF housing. IIRC the MAF housing is 60mm. We are now at 80mm air filter back which should improve flow. Whether it will be noticeable or not it certainly looks the part.

It’s always been tuned to run off MAP based fueling so having the MAF sitting there doing nothing was pretty pointless

So there’s my day off, spent up the workshop working on my own bits Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
James
ASBO Performance
260+ BHP PD130 Caddy