Show off your caddy
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: ASBO PD130

Post by Sabbunsingh »

That was a cool read. Nice build dude

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
the_fid
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the_fid »

Cheers guys

I haven’t got a youtube at the moment, although always been something I’ve debated. Maybe I might start one in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

the_fid wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:49 am No, it’s just a case of changing the rear main seal to a MK5 type which the crank sensor is built into. You then drill one hole in the block to accept this and then they pretty much drop straight in. Same loom, same ecu ect

Depending on ancillaries you can get away without even mapping as long as you keep stock injectors and turbo ect (who wants to do that, that’s boring!)

Wish you hadn't told me that now I definitely need to do it 😅 ...... stock turbo and injectors 🤢 no fun cheers bud
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Ally rad turned up today. Don’t necessarily need this with a diesel but the old one was looking rank and you may as well upgrade right?

Got two 12inch electric fans and some silicone coolant hoses on the way too. Should tidy the bay right up

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Threw some more hours at the van today. Fitted the new fans to the rad:
They came with some nice mounting hardware which made fitting a breeze
We then fitted the rad to the rad pack:
Looks miles better than stock and also gave me a bit more clearance with the aftermarket fans. All that’s left now is to wire them up, which looks a little more difficult than I first anticipated as the stock fans seem to have their own inbuilt controller. So I’m either going to have to just wire both to come on at the same time or work out my own controller. Either way it’s something to wrap my head round in the next couple of days

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Been a little while since I posted. As always Image

Not much has happened. Pretty much been waiting on bits to turn up. Sold the old turbo and clutch to make way for the new bits

New clutch fitted:

Went for a 4 puck Sachs kit this time around, going back to a dual mass flywheel for a bit more comfort

New turbo:

Turbo is a JW2871BB so a slight jump from the 2060 that was on there previously. Turbos capable of 400BHP on diesel and air only so we shall see how we get on. Pictures don’t do this any justice. This turbo is huge!

Here’s a picture of it next to a popular Abarth 500 turbo upgrade we do (TD04HL)

The new intercooler turned up with all the 2.5 inch pipes so I can weld all that up once the engine is in. Downpipe will also need some adjustment and I’m going to be building a new intake out of aluminium once the engine is in too

Lots to do but not a lot we can do until we fit the engine. Have all the gearbox reinforcement stuff to build the box so once we’ve done that it’s full steam ahead!

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
3rdLeg
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by 3rdLeg »

Gonna be a beast 👍
Ultrakurz
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ultrakurz »

It will be interesting at which rpm the turbo will have power. The problem is the bigger the turbo the later it will start working.
Normaly you have the max power ( torque) of a 2l TDi at 3500 rpm and the turbo starts at ~ 1600 rpm .
How high would you turn your engine ?
Normaly VW stops at ~ 4200 rpm. But if you look at BMW or other brands more RPM of a diesel engine could be possible.

The Abarth 500 turbo ..... :lol:

Greets Ultrashort
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Should be on full boost by 3000rpm being ball bearing. We had full boost at around 2350 with the 2060 so a fair bit later. But will make up for that in top end power. Will likely be revving to around 5500 with the bigger cam ect

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
envycommercial
100BHP+

Post by envycommercial »

Amazing build pal. Iv got a ASZ converted one too.
Been sat reading thinking I want that I want that! Intake manifold looks mint !
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Cheers mate!
They are good when they work lol. So far I’ve spent all this money and still got a van without an engine in it, so count yourself lucky yours runs lol

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
envycommercial
100BHP+

Post by envycommercial »

If it makes you feel any better.
It’s not running at moment stupid oil feed snapped when changing the turbo !
2 weeks ago it had a bent valve…..
So do feel your pain ( not as much as yours is a different league from mine!)

Was reading your thread thinking I wish I’d have spent more time putting engine In but in truth I just wanted it running now !

It isn’t and won’t be in same league as yours pal but it’s lovely to read your thread and see how far you can go and your options aren’t as limited as you think, because you’ve got the limitations and thrown them outta window !
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]the_fid [/mention] absolutely cracking build thread mate I’ve seen you can a few times on Facebook and even TikTok, think I may of spoke to you about my pd130 converted caddy as well yours looks 10 times better than mine and it’s gave me more inspiration for mine mod list just got longer do you run a garage?

the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Ah that’s a bummer. If you get stuck we sell braided oil feeds. I need to list them on the site saying that so thanks for reminding me

I was in your boat with the cleaning and painting the first time round. It’s nice to have a bigger workshop and facilities to do it now but as you say, when your on a time crunch you deffo have to put your priorities in order

Appreciate the compliments

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Azz03 wrote:[mention]the_fid [/mention] absolutely cracking build thread mate I’ve seen you can a few times on Facebook and even TikTok, think I may of spoke to you about my pd130 converted caddy as well yours looks 10 times better than mine and it’s gave me more inspiration for mine mod list just got longer ImageImage do you run a garage?

Cheers mate Image

Possibly although I speak to so many people every day so forgive me if I don’t remember off the top of my head.

Yes we run a tuning company. ASBO_Performance

You can find us on most the socials. The van is pretty much a demo of the type of things we are capable of. As the company progresses so does the van. Hence a few years ago it pretty much being a few bolt ons, to now a full bay spray and custom fab ect

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy