ASBO PD130

Show off your caddy
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Re: ASBO PD130

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]the_fid [/mention] that’s where I first seen your van was on the caddy page on Facebook, seeing the engine work has given me a kick up the back side to get my pd130 looking a bit better, I like the stainless/alloy pipes with no silicone so all welded like yours also some better pipe work brackets etc.

I may have to take a trip to you guys see what magic you can perform on my van lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the_fid
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the_fid »

Feel like I always start if by saying it’s been a while Image

But finally got a chance to crack on with the van. Since I last posted we’ve had the gearbox reinforced to cope with the extra power.

The turbo went on:

4 inch intake fabbed up:

And the big news…

Engines in:

Now I haven’t had it started yet but we are working towards it. Lots of things I need to work out where its not just a bolt in fit. Battery is getting relocated so I need to work that out along with coolant lines and I still need to finish off the intake and fab the new boost pipes

Downpipe modified to fit the new turbo:

Intake finished off up top:

AN fuel lines all finished up:

Getting excited now. Fingers crossed she starts Image

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Post by FishermansFriend »

This is a very interesting build, cant wait to see it up and running.
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Cheers mate!

Finally got it started today! Spent most of the day redoing the engine harness as it was a bit worse for wear. Started off by wiring in a new glow plug harness as mine was in pieces and ended up stripping it all back and rerouting everything.

So before the coolant temp sensor and crank sensor wires were stretched and tight. Not sure whether it’s to do with it being slightly different to a BLS? It also had wires for EGR, ASV and MAF, all of which I am not running. So we took all these out of the loom. The MAF I’ve rerouted rather than got rid just in case I decide to go back to having a MAF. But that’s now tucked behind the scuttle panel

As you can see the looms now quite tidy. You can barely even see it whereas before I felt like the loom was one of those things that consumed the engine bay

And this is how it now sits. Intercooler piping and the new bigger intercooler is next. I’ve still got to work out and mount my new washer bottle but to get it to the point of testing there’s not a great deal left. Just happy to finally hear it run after so many months. Santa pod in two weeks. Do we think I’ll make it? Image

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

So finally got the intercooler mounted and boost pipes all fabbed up. All in 2.5 inch aluminium. Had to custom make a crash bar to fit the cooler as it is a lot taller than the previous setup

Intercooler mounted:

Top boost pipe:

Bottom boost pipe:

Also decided to go with a catch can setup as I’m worried I’ll start pulling boost through the rocker cover with the size of the new turbo

Radium Engineering Catch Can mounted:

Also started relocating the battery but I didn’t get any pictures. Once I’ve mounted the battery in the back I’ll get a few. It’s starting to come together slowly. I’m really happy with how it’s turning out. Hopefully be driving again real soon

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

This is really starting to come together now, bet you can't wait to get it out on the road.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Very much looking forward to it. Waiting on a few deliveries today which will hopefully mean I can drive it home. Fingers crossed!

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
Actarus
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Actarus »

Works top!

PD130 and PD160 is the same, no?

Why don't repair ASZ engine?
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

As mentioned above the new engine was cheaper than fixing the old engine. Has a ported head ported pistons ect. But they are different in a lot of ways but not ways that matter. Coolant pipes, oil filter housing ect just to name a few

And besides. It would still look like it did before if I didn’t pull the engine out

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Took the time to route the battery into the boot today. Used 50mm2 cable and routed along the factory cable channels ect. We put the Battery box in the passenger corner, with the mindset of offsetting the drivers weight. As much as it’s only 20kg or so and I’m about 90, every little helps and the main reason was to get it out the way of the intake

I then fitted my latest purchase, a set of Team Dynamic Pro Race LT:

Gloss black wouldn’t of been my first choice but the other option was grey which would basically blend in with the van which I didn’t want. They will eventually be powder coated acid green to match the signwriting but for now I’m going to leave them black for a bit. Looks pretty cool I think. A lot lighter than the previous wheels at only 8.4kg a wheel. Also went 18s instead of 19s with 225/40/18

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

So bit of bad news…

Gearbox locked up 10 miles into the first drive. Upsetting really as it’s the only thing I sent off to have built. The guy has agreed to take a look at it once I pull it off but it does mean I won’t be making it to Santa pod this weekend which is a bummer.

Other than that the first drive went well. Turbo sounds absolutely insane. If I could post videos on here I would but there’s plenty on my Tik tok and Instagram if anyone’s interested.

Feels lovely on the new wheels. Light and nimble. I also fitted the Whiteline rear bar finally which I suppose will of helped.

I also like the black wheels a lot more now the front bumper is on:

But there you go. Not everything goes as planned. I’m going to take a little break as I’ve been non stop for 2 weeks straight and haven’t been accepting customer work as I’ve been trying to get it done. Catch up on some work and maybe get the box out next weekend. No rush now as I won’t be making it to USC 🥲

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
Billy.2kcaddy
100BHP+

Post by Billy.2kcaddy »

Such a great build thread, and it was really interesting to see where it all started!

Hopefully, you can get the box sorted. That's such a shame, but this is a great read, and I look forward to seeing it back on the strip

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

Cheers mate. Hopefully soon. I have a spare box but obviously not reinforced which at my power won’t last long. I’m probably going to put that in for the time being and just run it at low boost until I get the built one sorted. Annoying but not much I can do

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
Billy.2kcaddy
100BHP+

Post by Billy.2kcaddy »

the_fid wrote:Cheers mate. Hopefully soon. I have a spare box but obviously not reinforced which at my power won’t last long. I’m probably going to put that in for the time being and just run it at low boost until I get the built one sorted. Annoying but not much I can do

It's all money. I do feel your pain, I've driven my caddy a few times before a pd swap Image but looking through the forum and seeing all the mods, etc, keeps me interested, to say the least.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

the_fid
Caddy Fan

Post by the_fid »

That’s the thing. Luckily it won’t cost me directly as I do all my own labour but still my time. Got to drive all the way to Milton Keynes to drop the box back too. Just all time more than anything. And not getting to make it up the strip tomorrow is the biggest kick in the teeth

James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy