No hot air

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Lea2kcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

No hot air

Post by Lea2kcaddy »

Hi looking for some advice, recently bought a 2010 ex BG caddy only blows cold air, I’ve stripped out the heater panel and found the part is missing and I have no idea where it goes to :lol: does anyone have a diagram of which part I need and where to put it? I will attach some photos it’s got AC if that’s any different. Cheers
Lea2kcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: No hot air

Post by Lea2kcaddy »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lea2kcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lea2kcaddy »

If anyone has a diagram, a picture of the part, or where it goes to would be appreciated, if I could switch it over to hot manually would be ideal!!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

It looks as though the end of your positioning cable is disconnected in this photo.
That's for the vent/screen/floor position so won't effect if you're getting heat.

The heat diverter flap is on the yellow arm you've photographed behind the passenger footwell duct.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Lea2kcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lea2kcaddy »

Thanks Doc! I’m aware I had popped the air diverted cable out it’s fitted back in now.

The heat control yellow bit you say? Strange that moves with an electronic part can’t remember which button moved it but can’t see where the cable would go
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The yellow arm moves a flap to divert air through or around the heater matrix. If yours is moving then your problem with no heating might be coolant circulation related.
When the engine is warm, do the matrix pipes get warm behind the dash?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Lea2kcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lea2kcaddy »

Yes definitely moving and switching from hot to cold. Both pipes top and bottom are hot. Had the engine running a good 20 mins now and it is getting warmer, on vcds engine coolant temp is only 71 degree C. Taking a long time to get upto temp, thermostat not opened yet and engine fan not kicked in, possible thermostat problem?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If the pipes are warm, it might be a circulation problem.
Check that when the engine is revved up your coolant pipe goes hard on the front of the engine. You'll need someone to rev it to check that.
Failing that, disconnect the flap motor and check the yellow lever is actually doing something. You should feel as though there is a weight on the end of the lever when you move it.

BenT
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by BenT »

Without wanting to worry you, you might also want to check for a head gasket leak - this can lead to air locks in the coolant lines which prevents circulation through the heater matrix. With the engine stone cold, unscrew the coolant expansion tank lid. If you hear a gurgle when unscrewing it then this might be worth looking into, especially if you have oil in the tank too. Hopefully it'll be something simpler (like the thermostat sticking open - these do fail. A lot.).
Dislexicdonkey
200BHP+

Post by Dislexicdonkey »

Could this be the heater blower resistor? Should have hot air on level 4 blower though?
Lea2kcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lea2kcaddy »

Hi the resister is fine as that controls the blower speeds, mine works on 1 , 2 , 3 & 4.

I have flushed through the heater matrix by removing the pipes at the bulkhead and running a garden hose through the matrix.

A lot of dirty rusty old coolant did come out and has made the blowers sort of hot but not 100% definitely an improvement though!

I will try another flush in the better weather,

I also changed the thermostat but that made no difference, the engines just take forever to heat up and that is somewhat normal for a deisel engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kammykhan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by kammykhan »

as the heater core both pipes are hot in your case. i would start looking into the Motor flap, its not switching the flap to circulate the air through the heater core/ matrix.