Mk4 mfsw retrofit help

Show off your caddy
MrMagic
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Mk4 mfsw retrofit help

Post by MrMagic »

Hiya all.

Hope someone can point me in right direction.
Got a highline 2016 mk4 caddy 2.0dsg. Steering wheel standard, got cruise control on stalk from factory. I’ve managed got myself mfsw out of 2014 polo with basic buttons no cc on wheel if that makes sense. Swapped it all with airbag/buttons loom that came with wheel. None of the buttons work and no horn. Changed byte in vcds to mfsw but it won’t save it.
Original loom from a caddy 6C0.971.584.B
Loom that came with polo wheel 6C0.971.584.C

Anyone can help and tell me what I’ve done wrong or missed anything or dunno maybe repin loom or something or just buy different loom (if so part number would really help) or skip it all and find mfsw from a mi4 caddy? Would appreciate any help.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Mk4 mfsw retrofit help

Post by Doc »

Your steering wheel control module does not support MFSW.
Have a look at the ross-tech page with all the modules listed, you'll need to find yours and the next equivalent which supports MFSW.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
MrMagic
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrMagic »

Thanks for your help Doc.

Right I’ve checked it my is 5K0 953 569 BB

Looking up on Ross web BA would be identical to mine with addition of MFSW support.
I had a quick search on bayE and these BA ain’t cheap at all. £130 I found to be cheapest.
Any other options or BA is the only way ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The issue with a ***569BA is the ESCL, I've had problems in the past with these not working with the basic turn style ignition.
Your ***569BB has the ability for the steering angle sensor, I'm 99.9% certain your caddy won't use that and uses the sensor in the steering rack.
If you don't have an automatic transmission then you can open up your search to those which show AT as no.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
MrMagic
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrMagic »

Doc apologies if u see 5 messages being same. For some reason tapatalk on my phone seams not working properly. Every time I reply to a message it says error then I log myself on laptop and it’s showing like 5 same messages.

Anyways mine is dsg and correct me if I’m wrong but according to Ross web modules that would tick all boxes be
***569Ba

***569H

***569L

***569AS

Last edited by dan@biali on Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted quote
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

AS and BA will likely not work due to ESCL as I mentioned previously.
The others you listed will.

MrMagic
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrMagic »

Doc wrote:AS and BA will likely not work due to ESCL as I mentioned previously.
I’ve just looked again and I didn’t see last row before where it says PQ46 ESCL. Yea ure right mate. Thanks for all your help mate!

MrMagic
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrMagic »

Doc wrote:AS and BA will likely not work due to ESCL as I mentioned previously.
Doc do u know if any of these
***569H ***569L would work with paddles? Only asking coz I might get mfsw with paddles in future and not fancy looking for another module again if that makes sense. Thanks

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If the steering wheel control modules supports MFSW, it also supports paddles.
You should research whether your gearbox can support paddles also.

MrMagic
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrMagic »

Thanks for the guidance mate. Much appreciated.

Last edited by dan@biali on Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote
MrMagic
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrMagic »

Hi Doc.
Hope u had a good Xmas mate.
Been a while. Only just managed to swap slip ring and wheel. Slipring is a L as per your advice. All went in but I got numerous faults with it. None of the buttons work no illumination CC stalk was saying there’s short to ground, airbag resistance too high and few more faults with it. From your experience do u think slipring ig knackered or there’s something else I’ve missed? Thanks mate

Last edited by Lister79 on Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Immediate thoughts are the slip ring ribbon is damaged as the airbag connection is a passthrough only and your high resistance fault indicates a possibility of an open circuit.

MrMagic
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrMagic »

Doc wrote:Immediate thoughts are the slip ring ribbon is damaged as the airbag connection is a passthrough only and your high resistance fault indicates a possibility of an open circuit.
Hi again Doc

I’ve took slipring apart and u was 100% right. End of it was ripped out. I’ve managed to get decent connection back. I’ve just soldered it on. So as of now airbag fault disappeared, but still getting faults with cruise control and few other bits and pieces I haven’t had before. Please have a look below. I can’t upload file but few pics for now is best I can do.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If the ribbon was snapped, who knows what else is damaged by the breakers.
I'd start off by looking at your coding as you should definitely not have a steering angle sensor fault in the swcm on a caddy. Do you have the coding from your original swcm?

MrMagic
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MrMagic »

Morning Doc

Yes mate. Pls have a look pic below. Image