New member with ex BG caddy maxi

Show off your caddy
Bluemooner
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

New member with ex BG caddy maxi

Post by Bluemooner »

Hi all ..hope you're having a peaceful break .. myself and my son (21yrs) were about to purchase a T4 camper from a customer.. great price .fair amount of work required, registered ourselves on a T4 forum .got loads of advice and tips and felt like part of the family...THEN !! Got the insurance quote. 2.3k .😡... anyway,plan B, caddy maxi to convert..I'm a joiner/builder and my son is pretty handy and enthusiastic so not a bad start .. we've gone half on a 2011 ex BG van ... Runs great an really tidy but has a few issues that I won't overload you all with just yet .. my son love walking , canoeing,biking so that's his idea ..I'm just thinking peace and quiet with the two little dogs .. I'll keep you updated with photos so you can see the progress.. we are looking at diesel heater,leasure battery,sink and hob , lowering ,cut in side windows ,new Bluetooth radio/satnav and a respray .. the van stinks of horses inside (don't ask) so bulk has gone ,seats lifted out ..Im about to take all the rubber flooring out in the front as I know the sound deadening insulation is soaking ..once we've done that we need to see where the water is coming from ( hopefully a hosepipe spray will show it up ).. question 1.... What have people replaced the floor insulation with ? Plus any tips on water ingress ....I look forward to the replys..cheers in advance..
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Re: New member with ex BG caddy maxi

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate, welcome to the forum! Sounds like you’ve got good plans for the van. Water ingress can often be down to blocked drain holes in the scuttle panel I believe. Also, check the bolts on the roof where you’d bolt your roof bars. They can be a culprit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Sean1066
Hyper Poster

Post by Sean1066 »

Hi Bluemooner
Welcome to caddy 2k.
The plans you have for the caddy sound awesome
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
Bluemooner
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bluemooner »

Thanks for the replies..going to do a hosepipe test over the next couple of days .. the ex BG vans have 3 drilled antennas so I'll be taking those out and filling ..I'm sure water is coming through one of those .. I also need to check around the fan under the passenger footwell as I think there was a couple of drips coming off that

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk