Best mod buys , where from and not ??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
IanDVWmaxi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by IanDVWmaxi »

Right folks I’m in progress with my van and I’m wanting front splitter , rear tailgate spoiler, fog light loom and switch , already bought the fogs and bumper fixings etc , also what are remaps like on these ,power wise , what to go for ( start line model ) 2.0 tdi, thanks Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

I bought my splitter from TRC. It’s decent quality and not too difficult to fit. My barn door spoiler came from vanstyle. It’s not the original VW one but according to my painter, was easy enough to paint and fit. My go to places for bits are VW, Vanstyle, Travelin Lite and of course eBay.

Regarding remaps, on a 2.0 you should see 180 ish bhp after a remap, that’ll liven things up a bit!!
Places that are well regarded on here are Pendle Performance and DubUnit.

Rescue me from the swans in me
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Re: Best mod buys , where from and not ??

Post by gazza31112 »

Agree about TRC splitters, by far the best ones.
Stay away from the ABS eBay cheapy ones they are crap.
Got spoiler from eBay, been on years with no probs.
Most things have been as swan says travin lite, van style or eBay.
Used darkside developments for my remap, at 184bhp from 102 standard on a 2.0tdi
Depends on budget but with a new turbo and supporting hardware can get these engines up to around 250/260bhp, not cheap tho!

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

IanDVWmaxi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by IanDVWmaxi »

Side bars or do maxton do a kit for these?? Don’t want it looking too cheesy , been havin a look at some of these sites too , some tidy stuff

gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

I had vanstyle sidebars on a few years ago, I found them an absolute pain to install, mostly to get them both sitting at the right/same height.
I got them off eBay for about £140 if I remember rightly.
When I lowered the van I had scraping issues as the brackets hang down lower than the bars themselves, so they caught on higher speedbumps and driveways
There are plenty of vans on here lowered with sidebars so I'm not sure if others have different brackets.
Iv got TRC "sideskirts splitters" on now which just screw straight into the sills with self tappers so no brackets to scrape.
I think maxton do the same type of things aswel

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

IanDVWmaxi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by IanDVWmaxi »

Right folks I’ve been quietly sourcing , buying what i think I’m after , mostly bought from van style and I bought the maxton front lip ( hopefully not regret this one ) .. the one thing I’m still trying to source is a proper fog light loom for the startline model to hook things up with when I eventually get the painted bumpers on

Rob.
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Rob. »

Whiteline rear ARB is probably my favourite mod. Don't get me wrong, it's still a van, but it makes a big difference to the body roll in corners.