Heighten suspension

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Carolthecaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Heighten suspension

Post by Carolthecaddy »

Hi my caddy maxi is lowered

The front was on springs and pole things which have been removed now

This leaves the rear which is still lowered, can anyone recommend how to heighten it back or as near to standard height please? I took it to a local mechanic who said I need a whole new suspension kit as it’s on the highest setting I’m confused and just want it in line with the front
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Heighten suspension

Post by Handyandy »

If the rear axle has been lowered by flipping the axle meaning the axle has been placed on top of the springs instead of the bottom as original
To heighten like original the axle needs to sit underneath the springs and clamped on with the original long shock absorbers fitted this should give you the 4 or 5inches from the top of the tyre to the arch
Hope that helps
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Raph71
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re : Érissez la suspension

Post by Raph71 »

just find 2 shock absorbers and 2 original spring supports and iron the axle over the springs.
You will find the original configuration.
stevende85
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Heighten suspension

Post by stevende85 »

Thanks for posting this. I am having the exact same issue with mine. I bought a complete suspension setup from another van. Front has been fitted fine, but the rears are a nightmare. He can't seem to get it to line up, it's either too high or too low.