Passengers door stuck now open

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Marzyvw
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Passengers door stuck now open

Post by Marzyvw »

Hi my passengers door is stuck locked. I have fault codes and when checking on the status of the lock in live data with vcds it says its safe not locked or unlocked. I have played about with vcds coding clear codes ect, to try get the status to change but nothing. I know the wiring at the pillar is fine as I not long done electric window conversion, and checked continuity and condition of wiring and the were fine when I added the extra power wire for windows.
the module makes a noise when try to lock and un lock. I will upload the log as in next post.
I have manged to get the outside handle off, pulled the lever still nothing. Left the battery off as well just in case u never know but nothing. The next thing I am thinking is tiring to remove the door card and window mech plate from inside but this is going to cause damage I'm sure. I have spare door card and window mech plate but would like to know if there's any other way maybe though outside handle holes. Any help apricated
Last edited by Marzyvw on Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peterpan21
100BHP+

Re: Passengers door stuck locked

Post by Peterpan21 »

Not that I know off
My locking mechanism broke in my passenger door, and the door was permanently locked.

We tried everything to open it.
It’s near impossible to get the door card off without the door open, you can try removing the seats and even the centre console to give you the space.

But with the door locked, it’s hard to manoeuvre around.
NEXT WAS OUR ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT.!

In the end, we put the window down and with a long metal chisel we literally put it down the window slot and smashed, the locking mechanism off basically blindly and then open the door. You have to be really careful not to break the glass which is obviously now inside the door. Took us about an hour. It was like a surgical procedure. We had to bend some of the inner metal door speaker panel. To get access in between to the locking mechanism. Once we had smashed it off with a chisel and hammer, the door opened. We then replaced the door mechanism from a breakers for £30 was all done and put back together with no damage.

It’s really tricky procedure though. Can be done. I didn’t smash the glass or damage anything at all.
It was a last resort for us, but to be honest I wish we had done it straight away as it was the quickest.
All you are really trying to do is smash out the locking mechanism, but without damaging anything else!

Just make sure to get the part number off your exact locking mechanism it is different to drivers side. Put it all back together job done.
Marzyvw
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Marzyvw »

I managed to get the door open in a very none destructive way. So if ever in a jam give me a pm will glad to help
Last edited by Marzyvw on Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Lockstock »

Nicely done to get this open. Please can you edit your post, to just say you got it open.. then if someone is in the same boat they can PM you.

It's not good to provide creative 'non' destructive entry techniques. I know this was a two man job so not specifically a break in. But still not good to advertise on an open forum.

I hope you understand.

Cheers