A 500K miles Caddy choices?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
tirmezi
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

A 500K miles Caddy choices?

Post by tirmezi »

Hello everyone,
I am almost always on the move and rarely do I have time to post here. I like your opinion, I have done now over 503000 in 6 years and 8 months. It has been from the UK to the black sea, Finland to Las Palmas, and From Ukraine to Portugal, this Caddy has covered all this area with only two breakdowns, one was in Germany stuck in traffic with the air conditioning on, blown up the alternator. And the second was a tensioner that broke into two, I was told it had a loose screw. Also, the gearbox was replaced because the original one was getting noisy. Rest, it was just serviced on time. Now currently have no big issues at all and still running with the following faults restricting the performance and I guess more like wear and tear.

Engine Control Module 1:

P245300
P223700
P045A00
P045F00
U029E00
P045F00

Adoptive Cruise Control (ACC) error B10E7F0

Symptoms:

The glow plug light comes on from time to time and also limps when going uphill but after resetting it goes fine Loss of power going uphill and fuel consumption is gone up from 52 mpg to 48mpg (ERG and Turbo replacement is recommended)
The engine management light (Nox Sensor) I have already bought it but need an installment
About the ACC, I investigated, it could be more related to EGR and Turbo but the brake light switch could be a possibility. It engages the ACC but drops off after a few seconds or after reaching peak speed.

My question is, shall I just fix it, or shall I start thinking of replacing the engine? It is a Euro6 DFSD so still has life. There is no smoke, no rattle, and the suspension is good and not noisy. Still start and can take me where ever I want to go.
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Re: A 500K miles Caddy choices?

Post by RY_VW »

Sorry I can't help but that's some fantastic usage, well done on 500k miles :mrgreen:
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Lockstock »

Mine has the same engine with about 60k.. good to know I have another 440k left 😆. Very impressive.

Is that the original DPF and adblue system too??
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Some very impressive mileage and places been!!

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

IvorHuwJarse
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by IvorHuwJarse »

Does the ACC disengage with an ESC light flashing? If so it could be an ABS ring on one of the bearings that's split and will need replacing.