Intermittent starting issues

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
J_Con
Hyper Poster

Intermittent starting issues

Post by J_Con »

So my caddy is a 2014 1.6 and having some issues when starting if it's been a really short journey and the vans been sat an hour but I can leave it for a 12 hour shift and itl start no problem and even left sitting for a week, it just keeps cranking and sometimes takes 3 tries to fire up.
The vans only done 38k, I've changed the battery recently as that was causing some issues when trying to start it. It's also recently had the glowplugs changed but the old ones were working fine when removed and tested.
Serviced last week so new fuel filter to rule that out from a mechanic I use, he plugged it in and no faults or anything like that.
Looking for any ideas or someone who's experienced something similar

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Terrytibbs
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Intermittent starting issues

Post by Terrytibbs »

Sounds like injector I had the same thing
J_Con
Hyper Poster

Post by J_Con »

Mechanic reckons it's either the fuel pump or fuel pump relay, anyone know the position of the fuel pump relay?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The fuel pump relay is with the others in the cabin, just above the fuse box.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort