Cruise control parts from golf mk6

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Natman151
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Cruise control parts from golf mk6

Post by Natman151 »

Hi guys, this topic has been discussed a lot but I've gone from a golf mk6 SE with cruise control, MFSW and MFD. Would it be possible to swap the cruise control parts and steering wheel into my 2016 caddy 4 and put the caddy parts back into the golf? I'm not sure if it makes more sense to buy the parts separately and sell the car.

I'd also like to take the golf mk6 seats if they're compatible, I'm not sure whether to swap the clusters to get the MFD because the vehicle image will be incorrect?

The caddy already has a radar sensor does ACC use the same stalk as the regular CC?

Thanks, Nat
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Cruise control parts from golf mk6

Post by the swan fiend »

If you get Touran bases, the seats will fit, however the caddy seats will not fit in the golf unless you modify the bases.

If you were to ever try sell the golf afterwards, any potential buyer who’s done their homework and knows the features that specification vehicle should have will see that it’s missing functions and it may make it harder to sell.

I’m not sure if mk6 clocks fit, but if they do, the correct mileages can be inputted with VCDS. As far as I’m aware, the cruise control, steering wheel and the SWCM should all be able to be swapped and coded in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Natman151
Caddy Fan

Post by Natman151 »

Okay great, how much would you say the upgrades would cost me in parts if I were to get them separately? The golf is high mileage and worth just over 2k, I need to weigh up if it's worth more for good quality parts or just get it sold
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

A set of bases will cost £80-100 on eBay.

I’ve just got a wheel for £210, and stalks with c/c and SWCM for £20, all from eBay.

Clocks, I’m not sure about. Best looking on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Rhinopower
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Rhinopower »

Natman151 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:38 pm Hi guys, this topic has been discussed a lot but I've gone from a golf mk6 SE with cruise control, MFSW and MFD. Would it be possible to swap the cruise control parts and steering wheel into my 2016 caddy 4 and put the caddy parts back into the golf? I'm not sure if it makes more sense to buy the parts separately and sell the car.

I'd also like to take the golf mk6 seats if they're compatible, I'm not sure whether to swap the clusters to get the MFD because the vehicle image will be incorrect?

The caddy already has a radar sensor does ACC use the same stalk as the regular CC?

Thanks, Nat
Mk6 parts are no use to you really

Stalks are 549, you need 569 variant

Better off buying the correct 569 BC or BF depending if you need support for dsg, and the caddy mfsw with cruise buttons. Can be acc buttons if you want to take advantage of the radar, but then you will need the cluster upgrading. Most likely your van uses the newer transponders so the golf cluster won’t be much use without reflashing the nec and eeprom to caddy software which I can do, but makes more sense just to buy the correct cluster to start with, either highline or 3D colour
Natman151
Caddy Fan

Post by Natman151 »

Thanks Rhinopower, I've actually managed to get a good price for the golf so I'll use the money from that to buy the parts when I eventually get on it. Silly question but can I buy the button modules and fit them to my existing wheel or is there going to be a board missing inside the steering wheel?
Robert VW
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Robert VW »

Where are you with this?
Any progress?
Natman151
Caddy Fan

Post by Natman151 »

No luck, I sold the golf for a good amount though so used the extra money for mods. I'm leaving cruise control for a bit until I can work out ACC with the front radar. Pretty sure an MFSW is a no go now