Led headlights

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Carpmaster
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Led headlights

Post by Carpmaster »

Hi guys I'm looking for upgrading my headlights to led what do you recommend as mine are like candles caddy 2010 1.9 tdi thanks Image Image

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Led headlights

Post by the swan fiend »

I can’t see if your lights have projectors for your low beam. If they don’t, you’ll just blind other drivers and get poor light output. If they do, I’ve found the novsight bulbs to be good. Only problem is, they have the cooling fans on the back so the covers may not fit in afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Yeah, the headlights are pretty poor!

You might be struggling to get LED’s that will give the right pattern to avoid blinding others with the Touran headlight reflectors. I installed some gas discharge lamps in mine, pattern was spot on, light output was really good, no blinding however… MOT regs changed and I my van failed it’s MOT last year as the headlights were incompatible with the gas discharge lamps.

The MOT guy also pointed out that the heat was starting to discolour/melt/burn the plastic lens!

I’m going down the full Touran bi-xenon (gas discharge) route and replacing the halogen high beams with Philips Ultinon LED’s (incl. VW canbus modules) with the H7 VW adapters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Carpmaster
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Carpmaster »

Ok thanks for the info 👍