Mk4 Stormtrooper

Show off your caddy
Van Life
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Mk4 Stormtrooper

Post by Van Life »

Hey guys Image

Not too sure how much of a build that this will end up being but here goes!

Picked up a few weeks ago and finally got a chance to clean it to within my standards Image

Being a detailer is embarrassing that I've left it this long but I'm always too busy! Really need to get it in for a full paint correction and ceramic coating ASAP

Plan is to tidy things up first, refurb or replace the wheels, and a nice kitImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Mk4 Stormtrooper

Post by DW2207 »

Sounds like a plan buddy.
I must admit to enjoying the car/van washing process and dabble in a very novice way of da polishing and coatings.
Be interested to see what products you use as going by my audi I would imagine the factory clear coat will be just as hard.
Look forward to your updates

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Van Life
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Van Life »

DW2207 wrote:Sounds like a plan buddy.
I must admit to enjoying the car/van washing process and dabble in a very novice way of da polishing and coatings.
Be interested to see what products you use as going by my audi I would imagine the factory clear coat will be just as hard.
Look forward to your updates Image

I use tonnes of different compounds and pads depending on the car in question mate. As a guide my favourite cutting compound is Zvizzer Heavy Cut and finishing or one step is Sonax Perfect Finish.

Coatings I've used Carpro a lot but now really like the new Gyeon MOHS EVO as my go to 3 year coating.

DW2207
Hyper Poster

Post by DW2207 »

I normally use the gtechniq coatings. For a complete novice like me the crystal serum light is nice and easy to apply.
Use their other products for general washing.

Van Life
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Van Life »

DW2207 wrote:I normally use the gtechniq coatings. For a complete novice like me the crystal serum light is nice and easy to apply.
Use their other products for general washing.

You can't go wrong with the big brands nowadays mate Image I use a lot of Gtechniq stuff, C4, C5 and G1. I use KKD Revolve for my wheel and caliper coating

DW2207
Hyper Poster

Post by DW2207 »

Agree mate. Bilt hamber I found was a great value alternative. Some really nice products that do not cost the earth to buy.