Secundus.....

Show off your caddy
Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Re: Secundus.....

Post by Damo2k »

Nice progress there mate will be keeping an eye on this build...

And again my list grows

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

DUBmech
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by DUBmech »

What was the culprit in the gearbox?
TheGee
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by TheGee »

It was a bearing or shaft of some kind that’d blown itself to bits whilst cruising at 70mph & it wiped out the flywheel, clutch, diff, and something else I can’t remember. I was going to convert it to petrol at some point anyway and the Eos was such a deal it was a planets aligned moment
Instagram @geedubcaddy

New build thread >>HERE<<
TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

Updates coming Image

Instagram @geedubcaddy

Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Petrol 🤔😮?
TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

Petrol! Image
I wanted to put some miles on it before posting and 1500 miles on & it’s perfect. HD Caddy did the conversion taking the engine from a super low mileage Eos I bought. I drove the Eos for a few weeks & had it all serviced etc beforehand to make sure it was all happy and also so we’d know that everything was perfect before the conversion. I asked for a renewed mot, the immobilisation had to remain, the vin number corrected, and 500 miles before I took it back, again, only as a precaution.
Quality of work is excellent & I wholeheartedly recommend HD Caddy.

The next little holiday is to Still Static Image
Instagram @geedubcaddy

TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

I’m halfway there on the dash & front console Image
The mids are working really well against the screen and are mounted on layered birch ply rings within the dash and vented into the giant void between the dash and engine bay. They’re playing solidly down to 200hz at high volumes which is pretty perfect.
The odd looking gold strips on the bottom of the A-Pillars are home audio ribbon tweeters from an old competition install on temporary duties until I can find my actual tweeters I’ll be using. The oem speaker positions are filled in and smoothed and the air vents reshaped as singles.

The ac and dsp controllers are spaced so the overall alignment works, and the rake is correct to the ipad, which is correct to the headlight switch, which is correct to the dash cluster (57.7⁰ Image).

This is my ultra beaten up fabrication/test dash hence the state of the trimming so it’ll stay like this for a week or so and I’ll do some other bits on the van before swapping the dash out again for the rest of the dash build. The gear shift and gaiter are still from the Eos because I can’t find my proper one of those either.

Upon writing this, I’m now wondering if my wife has declared shenanigans and taken to hiding things from me as a cruel form of psychological torture ImageImage

The fun never ends! ImageImage
Instagram @geedubcaddy

Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Looks great!
TheGee
100BHP+

Secundus.....

Post by TheGee »

Thanks Gman Image

Another 6 hours on the dash yesterday getting the hazard button in place. This was an absolute arsehole face to do lol
My initial plan was to hide it away but it then becomes an MOT issue. Obviously I’ve stuck a bloody great big iPad in the dash so for the past few months it’s been on a 6ft extension cable hot glued to almost everywhere. I’m now 83.6% certain it’s in its final home but I’m still going to leave it for a week or so before putting the last few hours getting it perfect for final paint.

Instagram @geedubcaddy

Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Them lights look fantastic!
And the dash

I know ive already said but it
100% makes me
Wanna do

I just got my caddy lights to split was gonna use oven but its not bug enough looks like heatgun job

Any tips?
TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

Thanks buddy I tried the oven method as I mentioned in earlier posts and it didn’t end well using the heat gun I went at a relatively slow rate around the entire seal of the headlamp so the butyl sealer softened uniformly making it much easier to separate the glass. I didn’t use any tools because the plastic softened and I didn’t want to damage anything. It took about 15 minutes for each headlamp so it’s a slow process but not painfully slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram @geedubcaddy

ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ToiletTFSI »

TheGee wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:48 pm I’m halfway there on the dash & front console Image
The mids are working really well against the screen and are mounted on layered birch ply rings within the dash and vented into the giant void between the dash and engine bay. They’re playing solidly down to 200hz at high volumes which is pretty perfect.
The odd looking gold strips on the bottom of the A-Pillars are home audio ribbon tweeters from an old competition install on temporary duties until I can find my actual tweeters I’ll be using. The oem speaker positions are filled in and smoothed and the air vents reshaped as singles.

The ac and dsp controllers are spaced so the overall alignment works, and the rake is correct to the ipad, which is correct to the headlight switch, which is correct to the dash cluster (57.7⁰ Image).

This is my ultra beaten up fabrication/test dash hence the state of the trimming so it’ll stay like this for a week or so and I’ll do some other bits on the van before swapping the dash out again for the rest of the dash build. The gear shift and gaiter are still from the Eos because I can’t find my proper one of those either.

Upon writing this, I’m now wondering if my wife has declared shenanigans and taken to hiding things from me as a cruel form of psychological torture ImageImage

The fun never ends! ImageImage
Great work… surround looks good. If only the caddy came with a screen above the heater controls 🤦🏻‍♂️
Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

TheGee wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:18 pm Thanks buddy Image I tried the oven method as I mentioned in earlier posts and it didn’t end well Image using the heat gun I went at a relatively slow rate around the entire seal of the headlamp so the butyl sealer softened uniformly making it much easier to separate the glass. I didn’t use any tools because the plastic softened and I didn’t want to damage anything. It took about 15 minutes for each headlamp so it’s a slow process but not painfully slow Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you this is the info i needed!!

I was gonna use plastic trim tools to prey back or lolly sticks 😂😂

I really dont fancy oven like maybe a bug industrial one like subway ones. But heat gun will be grand tiger seal back up after 😂
TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

Don’t use tiger seal! Buy a proper roll of headlamp sealant. They’re on eBay for around £5 & you’ll only need one roll.
Instagram @geedubcaddy

Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Cheers buddy never new it was a thing ive used tiger before so only reason i was going to