So just over a month later we have made some more progress..
Passenger sill has been sorted along with some colour codes bits, here is a before and after
Looking so much better, should’ve got a closer shot but you get the idea!
And as you may have noticed, I have fitted the side rail covers which are a massive transformation and a tidy little job. I didn’t get the proper rails, I went with 3M 6mm thick number plate sticky pads which I gently heated when applying, which are working good and looking great.
Next I did a mock up fit of the rear spoilers the other week, they have also been colour coded and I am itching to get them on as they also transform the van. My plan is to bond it where I am happy, and then run 2 black OEM Look 4mm self tappers in each from inside the doors into to the spoiler, to pull it in tight and just to make sure these decide to not go for jolly elsewhere
Got all the bits to do that now, so have no excuse to not get on with it.
So that is this weeks job, but think i’ll need and extra pair of hands and eyes to get it right!
In amongst all this, I’ve been looking at touran seats, especially the V2 ones, i think
i was going to drive an hour away to get some seats i was semi happy with, but on the day i went with my gut to try the local breakers to see if they had what i really wanted and at a good price.. and they did!
Bagged these 2 for 30 each, although the bases (not pictured) were more at 40 each. But adding all that together and looking at the online prices, i still feel i done well. These were in great condition, they smelt funny and had stains but the wetvax sorted that! Just need to find out if these were heated seats, so i’m gunna go back up to the breakers and see if they were and if so,i may look into get them working. Aswell as feast my eyes on anything else that i may want, such as doorcards
And yesterday I laid some vinyl in, which i know i should’ve done way earlier in the build before i done the bedframe and also knew at the time, but still carries on, it’s not perfect but it is certianly good enough, i’m happy for a forst time!especially having to cut it in.. i’ll work some magic with mastic around the edges to tidy and you wont see 80% of it anyway!
And that’s where I am currently at, getting ready for summer and making it look pukka!
So fitting spoiler and seats this week.
I’m seriously considering a MK4 rear bumper as i am planning to do spraying soon on bumpers and bonnet anyways when the temps rise abit, but just doing my homework on the bumper..
I also think i’m gunna get the 60mm springs instead of the 40mm that i’m on now, so may order them soon…
Long one this!! Anyways should have an update in the week!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk