The Workhorse

Show off your caddy
Jamie_startline
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

The Workhorse

Post by Jamie_startline »

After years of working away from home and getting sick of missing the family and having a home life I decided late last year to go self employed. Naturally the first thing I needed was a van and it had to be a caddy. After having numerous golf’s, a polo and a vw up :roll: it was quite obvious that I’d have a soft spot for the caddy.
So I collected her on my birthday (by chance) early December 2022. And this is pretty much how she looked when I got her minus the sun strip.
Jamie_startline
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: The Workhorse

It’s not like me to leave a car of my own standard, so while the mrs drives out ID.3 the workhorse is my to to do with as I please. Maybe not to everyone’s taste as I probably should have grown out of modding cars at my age but I’ll always be 18 in the head. My first mod was a roof and pipe rack, yeah I know, it’s not cool at all but it’s essential in my job. Then was onto the wheels. After just starting up business on my own funds were low but I managed to source a set of what I believe are Audi A6 wheels in 18”.
Jamie_startline
Caddy2k Groupie

With spending a lot of the time on the road and taking calls one of the first things I needed was a hands free head unit. I didn’t know a lot about the higher spec vw head units at the time so I sourced a pioneer double din touch screen with CarPlay. The next thing I found was that the touch screen was distracting whilst driving, so I looked into a mfsw. I managed to get my hands on a mk3 scirocco flat bottom wheel which my old airbag fitted directly. I had to find an airbag look and swcm and then got to fitment.
Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Looks smart 😏
Psycho inside
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Psycho inside »

Nice van, would like to get a mfsw fitted to mine. 👍🏻
littlelisa
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by littlelisa »

How easy was it to fit and do the mfsw? Did you have controls before or were they retrofitted?
baarsofia42
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by baarsofia42 »

Congratulations on making the decision to go self-employed and getting yourself a Caddy! It's great to hear that you have a soft spot for this vehicle, and it must have made for a fantastic birthday gift to yourself. Your journey into self-employment with your new Caddy sounds like an exciting adventure. Enjoy the freedom and flexibility it brings to your work and life!