Re: Family Van/ Build

Post by Dean1284 »

Even cheaper than ListedšŸ˜‚ worth buying even if you refurb and sell on
AceCaddi
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by AceCaddi »

Dean1284 wrote:Even cheaper than ListedImage worth buying even if you refurb and sell on
Exactly what I thought, they have been refurbished alright. They should owe me less than Ā£500 in the end including tyres once all done Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dean1284
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Dean1284 »

Not bad at all for alloys thatā€™ll set you back 1.5k with no tyres haha. I did some searching and people have put alloys the same sizing as them on caddyā€™s once lowered and they looked fine.
AceCaddi
100BHP+

Post by AceCaddi »

Dean1284 wrote:Not bad at all for alloys thatā€™ll set you back 1.5k with no tyres haha. I did some searching and people have put alloys the same sizing as them on caddyā€™s once lowered and they looked fine.
Iā€™m currently lowered on S4 alloys which are the same size so it should sit good Image will upload pictures as soon as they are on

Dean1284
Caddy Fan

Post by Dean1284 »

All good then mate. Look forward to seeing them on
AceCaddi
100BHP+

Post by AceCaddi »

Iā€™ve started a Instagram page dedicated to the build and hopefully capture some adventures. Itā€™s Acecaddi which seems very fitting

Dean1284
Caddy Fan

Post by Dean1284 »

AceCaddi wrote: ā†‘Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:04 pm Iā€™ve started a Instagram page dedicated to the build and hopefully capture some adventures. Itā€™s Acecaddi which seems very fitting ImageImage

Iā€™ve just give it a follow matešŸ‘ŒšŸ˜‚
AceCaddi
100BHP+

Post by AceCaddi »

Managed to have a quick hour working on the van today, I got around to changing the heater resistor which was a very simple job. The motor speed was only working on 4. Speed 1,2 and 3 was none existent.
After changing the resistor it all speeds worked perfectly but still no AC yet.
Looks like Iā€™m definitely going to have to change the heater control panel, which Iā€™ve got ready so just need a spare hour to do it.

Hereā€™s some photos of the new resistor and the old one, I only paid Ā£8.99 (does come with a 1 year warrant) I wasnā€™t arguing over a couple of pound.

AceCaddi
100BHP+

Post by AceCaddi »

Picked the OZ ultraleggeraā€™s up today, they are home now and ready for some tyres.
I have new spigot rings and new OZ centre caps ready.

Happy with the powder coat finish, I couldnā€™t help myself and put the new red centre caps up against the wheel to have a look and Iā€™m very happy, can see the bigger picture now, need to re-paint the brake calipers red and I think they are going to stand out lovely on a dark coloured van Image

ImageImage

Sengh
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sengh »

Looks ace with the red centre caps bud
AceCaddi
100BHP+

Post by AceCaddi »

Changed the heater control panel today in attempt to get the air con working and it was a success, I also changed the head unit over to a more modern and updated one at the same time.
Old

New

This is my 2 year old helping me ImageImage

Very skinny compared to what I took out.

Happy with the upgrade stereo but was hoping the radio worked a bit better but it doesnā€™t, radio isnā€™t brilliant at picking up reception so need to look at that.
I also want to change the knobs on the heater control panel, put the circle ones back on from the old one

AceCaddi
100BHP+

Post by AceCaddi »

Few updates.
Major one is today I fitted the new wheels ImageImage

Hereā€™s some photos of the new wheels on

Set of Oz ultraleggeraā€™s 18ā€,
I had to buy 40mm thread wheel bolts as I could only get 2 turns with the standard ones.
Wheels will come back off soon ones Iā€™ve run them in a bit, Iā€™ll run 50-100 miles and I want to check all the nuts again so hopefully quickly whip them off and touch up the callipers at the same time

AceCaddi
100BHP+

Post by AceCaddi »

I need to get the Rear axle plates in to centralise the back wheels, didnā€™t think it would bug me but it does Image
Photos below without them fitted Image

AceCaddi
100BHP+

Post by AceCaddi »

On other news..

the new radio was great until I found out that I was meant to swap 2 of the wires around, so I had the radio on permanently at all times and I ended up draining the battery that much that even after days of having it on charge it would not start my van, so I ended up questioning if something was up with the van, the starter? Bad earths? But I took the battery back as it was under warranty and they tested it and it just came up saying ā€˜BAD-FAILā€™ so they swapped it for me and the van runs mint!
Also when I said the radio wasnā€™t the best, I found 2 crimped cables and a fuse under the dash by the passenger footwell, I plugged it in and boom, the radio works awesome. Was it for a booster or something?
I donā€™t know but it works lol

AceCaddi
100BHP+

Post by AceCaddi »

My next step with the van is the back seats, I need this van practical for the family.
I was going down the route of the touran rear seat conversion and I even bought all the stuff to do it, even spent hours and hours at a scrap yard getting parts from a touran breaking. But!.. i seen something I really like
Iā€™ve been introduced to someone local to me who makes custom rock and roll beds, so weā€™ve been talking and Iā€™ve been up to see some examples and he has one up there that measures perfectly to fit in the caddy, so Iā€™m going to get the van up to him in the next week or 2 and hopefully have some new rear seats