3.2 v6 DSG Supercharged conversion

Show off your caddy
Pineapple1984
100BHP+

3.2 v6 DSG Supercharged conversion

Post by Pineapple1984 »

Hi all,
So I’m getting on well with the conversion although works been super busy I’ve managed to squeeze in some weekends and evenings on the old Caddy.il try update to where I’ve got to this weekend with the all important pictures of everything so far
Last edited by Pineapple1984 on Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My 3.2 vr6 supercharged conversion viewtopic.php?t=53703
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: 3.2 v6 DSG conversion

Post by Doc »

Why have you posted in a different group on Tapatalk? Why not use our official Tapatalk group?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Pineapple1984
100BHP+

Post by Pineapple1984 »

Hi Doc, Sorry I’m new to this I didn’t know you had an official Tapatalk group! Excuse my ignorance but how do I join that?
Pineapple1984
100BHP+

Post by Pineapple1984 »

Ignore my last post I’ve got it will post on there from now on
Pineapple1984
100BHP+

3.2 v6 DSG conversion

Post by Pineapple1984 »

1.6tdi on the way out!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
1.6 Tdi out….. hopefully the end of injector replacements but I’m sure there will be other surprises in store ImageImage
A3 3.2 DSG collected! Unfortunately I couldn’t have the whole car but it comes with engine wiring harness so not to bad I’ve got plenty of other vag parts that should make up for some of missing parts I need. Image
Engine with obligatory seat belt lifting device. Image
Thought I would have a play at the brakes today, Got some old brembo 8z callipers off of a Q7 I’ve had for breaking. They look rough but all pistons are smooth and free, time for a bit of elbow grease. Image
Getting there ImageImageImage
Started cleaning up the gearbox ready for priming and paint. I’ve got a better condition mechatronics cover somewhere at the garage, this one’s looking pretty rusty ppImagethis one’s better, still gave it a freshen up. ImageImage
Routing the new correct fuel lines in Image
And finally the back ordered fuel tank has arrived ImageImage
Time to start cleaning up the engine and replace water pump, idlers tensioners seals, gaskets, plastic housings and anything else that looks worn or tired. I know where the engine come from and the chains were done about a year ago so I’m going to leave them alone. Image
Engine and gearbox back together Image
Took some bits home to clean up check over prep and paint. The wife was not impressed for some reasonImageImage
Cleaned and prepared with adhesion promoter Image
Out with the Audi badge in with the new £70 Vw badge Image does finish it off quite nicely though! Image
Just a test fit of the manifold to see how it looks Image
Almost built up ready to go in, pushed the van out and gave it a good clean up underneath and engine bay. Image
Aluminium subframe ready just need to bolt the new arms and bushes on Image
She in. Not plumbed up just in the mounts so a long way off yet but still good progress for the limited free time I have at the minute ImageImage
Exhaust down pipes on. Still need to do the rest of the exhaust. Image
Aluminium Subframe, with genuine S3 bushes and aluminium arms in. But not fully bolted up yet. Awaiting new stretch boots
and finally made a start de-pinning the donor car loom.ImageImage
Nothing too exciting this week. DSG selector in but yet to do the wiring. The donor car wiring loom was from a manual car so I need to pull the DSG loom out of another diesel car going for scrap and repin accordingly should be fun ImageImage
Key removal lock solenoid installed Image
Steering control module HIGH installed for paddles and multifunction steering wheel Image
Clutch pedal removed and genuine bung holio cover thing in for the gaping hole left behind, Eos pedal with touran carrier installed with brake pedal switch bracket I assume Il have to run a brake pedal switch with the ecu im using? Anyone know if I can get around this as the caddy didn’t use a mechanical pedal switch?!
Last edited by Pineapple1984 on Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Imprintx
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Imprintx »

Great work so far, your cleaning skills are top class :D
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Handyandy »

Good work engine and calipers really cleaned up looking better with a coat of paint
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DW2207 »

Wow, I absolutely love reading these builds. Like many other owners on here, your attention to detail is superb buddy.
Enjoy the process of taking something that looks dead to giving it a new lease of life.
Top work

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Pineapple1984
100BHP+

Post by Pineapple1984 »

Thanks for the encouragement guys, ha ha, I started cleaning one bit and was like “well now the rest looks worse” so it sort of escalated from there :lol:
DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DW2207 »

Ah yes. The good old "I'll quickly give this part a clean"
Incoming snowball effect

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Looking good!

And really awesome to see you taking the time and effort to fit the proper tank, filters and lines.

Liking the refurb of the gearbox and covers too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Sean1066
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Sean1066 »

The work you have put into this project so far is awesome. Especially with the cleaning and and tidying up of all the parts you are using. Keep up the good work. Nice to see another R32 caddy being built 👌
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Damo2k »

Love the work matealso in the middle of cleaning up my v6 bub

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Pineapple1984
100BHP+

Post by Pineapple1984 »

Hey, thanks again guys I’m pleased with how it’s coming on although not had much time to spend on it this week! :D
Sean and Chris your build threads have been a massive influence for me to get on and do this project couldn’t have done it without reading through your threads
:D :D
Pineapple1984
100BHP+

Post by Pineapple1984 »

Thanks Damo, love to see some pics when you have some 👍👌