Wolfsburg Caddy (minor) Build

Show off your caddy
Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Average_phil »

Hi all,

Thought I’d start a small build thread on my new addition. I don’t think I’ll do a huge amount as I waited around for one to come up for sale that was pretty much ready to go.

So spec is currently as follows,

2.0 TDI. 5 speed.
Highline trim so has Heated front screen, Bluetooth, rear parking sensors, A/C etc etc

£12k customisation at Wolfsburg consisting of,

Full repaint in Matt grey with gloss black handles, front grille badges etc.
19 inch Riviera alloys in gloss black with polished face
Wolfsburg 60mm lowering kit. I believe they use Eibach front springs and dark side developments rear shackles from memory.
Gloss black side bars
Wolfsburg dial faces
Touran 2&1 rear seat conversion, folding & quick release.
Touran rear floor carpet.
Fully insulated and carpeted rear with spotlights in rear headlining.
200bhp remap

I won’t be doing anything crazy with it, some of the builds on here are just amazing. I just want a nice van, that does everything I need it to do and I don’t want to be scared to use it for what I need, (dog in the boot, little one in the back etc)

So, some pics from when I bought it….Image
Not the best pics as they are screenshots from the advert but from now on they will all be ones I’ve taken myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

So first things first was to remove the roof rack. I will keep it as it may come in handy one day.

The roof needed a good scrub where it’s been difficult to get to from the rack being there I’d imagine, and I had to pick up some roof bolts to fill the holes the roof rack brackets left. So installed them and gave the exterior a good wash. I removed the sticker on the rear barn door and the front splitter at the same time. (Splitter was too low and already had a few chunks out of it)

Last edited by Average_phil on Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Wolfsburg Caddy (minor) Build

Post by Average_phil »

I did a bit of searching on Wolfsburg vans YouTube channel and there is quite a few videos where this van is featured when they are talking through some of the work they do there.

Also pinched these pics from their instagram page.

Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

I would just like to say the van is now on Michelin PS4’s all round not the hi-fly brand in the pics thankfully

Last edited by Average_phil on Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

Next I got in touch with Mike at Wolfsburg to buy some of their front seat covers. Had a good chat with him about the van. He’s a top fella tbf.

Once the seat covers arrived I gave the interior a good clean and took both seats out so I could do a better job of fitting the covers and this allowed me to give under the seats a good hoover and scrub out.

I did my best to get in all the seat rails. They obviously didn’t come up ‘like new’ but definitely a marked improvement.

I also on my travels around noticed little bits and pieces of trim that had worked loose and I had a few little interior rattles that I found and sorted along the way.

Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

So the seats before and after.

The covers fit reasonably well. But were more of a faff to fit than I expected.

There are a few creases particularly in the drivers ‘leather’ backrest and I’m hoping these sort themselves out in time.

Also the drivers seat has lumbar adjustment and the cover makes no allowance for that so the handle is covered, it makes the leather ‘not look right’ so I find my eye is drawn to it when the door is open.

On the plus side, I think overall they look great, and I’m glad I stayed with the Wolfsburg theme.

Last edited by Average_phil on Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

Today I got the OK to swap my private plate over so that’s taken care off.

I also seemed to have a little niggle where when I pushed the key fob to unlock the car it works fine, unlocks every time, but then I have to press it another 3 or 4 times in succession before the other doors open.

I do only have one key so I’ll get another ordered at some point and see if that possibly improves it. But for the minute as a work around I’ve enabled global unlock (if that’s the right term) so all the doors open on first press and it’s fine every time

Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

So that’s where I’m up to with it really. I’m only a couple of weeks into ownership.

I’ve ordered an RCD330 head unit so I can have apple car play and am currently awaiting delivery.

I also have some self adhesive felt on order to help eliminate the wind noise from the mirrors when driving so fingers crossed both of those arrive this week

DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DW2207 »

Liking the subtle touches you are doing, keep us posted buddy

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Sloopjonbee
Caddy Fan

Post by Sloopjonbee »

Looks great, good luck with it.
Mk4 Indium Grey
VCDS User
Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

RCD300 has arrived today.

Hopefully get it fitted tomorrow/Friday. Image

Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

DW2207 wrote:Liking the subtle touches you are doing, keep us posted buddy Image

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Thank you. Will do Image

Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

Sloopjonbee wrote:Looks great, good luck with it.
Thank you Image

Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

RCD330 fitted today. I bought the MQP-PQ adaptor at the same time so it was an absolute doddle to fit, 10 mins max. All working perfectly and really happy with the purchase.

Pic comparing the old and new.

Quick test with it all plugged in but not yet fitted

Job done

Next up, the wireless charger modification that I’ve seen on a few members builds on here.
I’ve bought the rubber pad with the wireless charging symbol on it from TPS and am currently waiting for the charger itself to be delivered.

Average_phil
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Average_phil »

Fitted the felt to the wing mirror mounts today to try to quieten the wind noise.

There was the remnants of something there previously. So I removed that and made up a little cardboard template,

Then transferred it onto some self adhesive felt and stuck it on. Repeated process for the other side.

Definitely has improved the noise although there is still a small amount there. I’ll do a bit of further investigation on this when the weather improves.