neglected sdi project revival

Show off your caddy
Yeldarb98
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

neglected sdi project revival

Post by Yeldarb98 »

hi welcome to my build thread where i attempt to revive my neglected 2.0 sdi caddy which i have just driven and not loved in so long i think its time to try and give it a new life. in the past it has been sitting low and shiny but currently its sat on standard springs and some underwhelming mk5 golf alloys. oh did i mention its currently not running either :roll:. this thread is mainly going to be a diary of sorts for me and maybe hopefully help some of you as i go along and possibly receive some criticism and help along the way :D
2004 swb 2.0 sdi... for now, micro camper[changed format more times than i have underwear]
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: neglected sdi project revival

Post by ToiletTFSI »

Welcome along
Yeldarb98
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Yeldarb98 »

Righttt then after a rather stressful few evenings trying to get to the bottom of why the van wouldn't run I've finally managed to narrow it down to an injector :roll: so new injector on the way along with a new rocker cover gasket that's been leaking since I bought the van 4 years ago. Once it's back running properly it's time to go through all the niggle things and fix and tidy them as I find them.
Got the bonnet insulation on the way too which should be here in a few days scored a good condition genuine one for a tenner on ebay along woth the clips so happy days :D
2004 swb 2.0 sdi... for now, micro camper[changed format more times than i have underwear]
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

What part number did u search for when looking for your bonnet insulation ?

So u know if the bonnet is generic ie one size fits all or are the petrols different to the diesel, swb different to the lwb etc etc

👍
Yeldarb98
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Yeldarb98 »

The part number i purchased is 1T0863831B but the bonnet insulation i got came off a diesel 2004 touran and that fits perfectly on my prefacelift caddy. i would imagine aslong as you keep to your same model year/shape you should be golden as the bonnets from experience are identical between the diesels and petrols with the only change in shape being from the facelifts :D
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

thanks for the info