Driverside lock

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
activeviii
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Driverside lock

Post by activeviii »

Hi all,

I was having a problem with van, 2013 16tdi gas maxi, where is kept locking itself. So my son plugged his old thing in and noticed auto locking was on. Turned it off and it was all good for 6 months. But he noticed 2 faults logged. Both on drivers side. But icalt remember what they were and he's away right now.
One was actuator and I think other was window related.

I did notice at the time that the mirror adjust would not work on the inwards movement for both mirrors.
Then a couple weeks back it started to do auto locking again. Waiting for son to be home to plug in again but in mean time I noticed yesterday, when I opened drivers door from inside the lock light flashed on the door control. Then I could hear the lock going on one, it was clicking, like it was trying to relock and the light on the door locking switch was flashing.

I can't plug in just yet but I'm thinking it's the unit where the mirror adjust and door lock switch is.
When I bought van a number of years back, it had a fault mirror adjust switch, which they replaced just the switch.

Common flat or really needs plugging in.

Thanks all