Front seats upgrade

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
hatton014
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Front seats upgrade

Post by hatton014 »

Hi before I go too the breakers later, do Audi a6 s-line fit in the caddy with or without toucan seat bases? I had been looking at a3 s-line seats online which look class but seem too be like hens teeth, especially the 2015 onwards seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Front seats upgrade

Post by Adwano »

Only the seats from smaller cars like A1s fit onto the caddy bases unless you modify them or I believe have the caddy life bases which are just touran bases.

For anything from the rest of the Audi range you’ll need a set of touran bases, usually about 100 quid for the bases and bolts on eBay for the pair. So A6 you’ll need the bases too, I have a set for my s5 seats, the only downside they do raise the hight of the seat slightly
SuperSilverSwamper
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by SuperSilverSwamper »

Yes, as Adwano has said, you will need Touran bases to fit the A6 seat. It is a fairly straightforward job! Whilst it does raise the seat hight, there is a chance your A6 seats has more seat adjustments so in the end you will be better off!
hatton014
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hatton014 »

I’ve a set of touran bases but no bolts, would the bolts from the caddy bases do?

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

I’m not 100% sure but iirc there not that expensive to buy from VW parts counters