Noise driving me insane

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dontknowz
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Noise driving me insane

Post by dontknowz »

Hi guys my vans driving me up the wall with a squeak that ive been trying to narrow down, only does it when the van is on and can only be heard from the inside/ next to the door only does it when you let the rpm drop back down to idle but it almost always does it and cant be heard in the engine bay it’s seriously driving me insane, anyone got any ideas on what it could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PJD
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Noise driving me insane

Post by PJD »

As a general rule
Thrust bearings whine.
Wheel bearings grumble.
Belts squeal.

If you can't hear it when it's stationary with your head in the engine bay and it is only audible when at idle and moving, what happens when you drop the clutch at speed?
dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

When you blip the accelerator as it comes back to idle it almost always squeaks, it’s definitely not belts as I’ve not long had a new front main ,timing and aux belt ,tensioners water pump all that and its not audible in the engine bay at all which is frustrating as i cant understand what would squeak inside the van I’ve ruled out the pedal due to not making the noise when the van is off, if you dip the clutch it will also squeak, does it while driving while stationary and does it the most at lower rpm when releasing the accelerator for some reason i was thinking it could be related to my cracked windscreen or my cluster but very doubtful that it’s actually any of those causing it, only other thing i can think of is engine mounts or maybe a injector or control flap but cant understand why its not audible in the engine bay if it is those or maybe egr with it being further back at close to the firewall?

BenT
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by BenT »

Could it be the lower gearbox (dogbone) mount/bush? The engine normally tugs on this when you blip the throttle so it might be worth spraying it with WD-40 or suchlike. One of the bolts on mine worked loose a few weeks back and made the whole cab vibrate, couldn't hear it under the bonnet. But it was apparent from below. Perhaps have a listen underneath? Could also be an exhaust mounting...
dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

Checked my lower gearbox mount and its doesnt look tooImage
bad idk it it’s supposed to have that split in the top bit or not tho?Image
My drive shaft shield was also completely loose so that definitely hasn’t been helping, could be that but need get the van dan to test. My fan is also squeaking only the left side tho right is fine does sound very similar to the noise I’m hearing

dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

It wasn’t my drive shaft shield or my fan still insure what could be the cause does the egr or waste gate open or close at such low rpm?

Alex mc
200BHP+

Post by Alex mc »

@dontknows could the back of the seat be tight to the bulkhead as it could cause a squeak caused by a he vibrations making it rub while at idle.

Are you able to post a short video clip of it making the noise ?

dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

Yeah I’ve got a few videos of it doing it but idk how to post videos on here, with it not being a work van i removed it months ago its a bike van so everything’s tied down.

dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

Ive put it on YouTube hopefully someone has heard it before because it’s driving me up the wall

https://youtube.com/shorts/YpRYn32_G-k? ... 2AIrwgJANI

Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Damo2k »

Does it make this noise with clutch depressed?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'd be surprised if that is not a turbo actuator or EGR valve/cooler related noise.
Can you get some oil on those to eliminate them?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

Doc wrote:I'd be surprised if that is not a turbo actuator or EGR valve/cooler related noise.
Can you get some oil on those to eliminate them?
I can try would it need to be high temp stuff due to where it is? If it’s the egr i don’t think id be able to oil it without taking it apart?

dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

Damo2k wrote:Does it make this noise with clutch depressed?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Usually this will happen if I depress the clutch while driving soon as the rpm drops it squeaks, ill check tomorrow at a stand still with the clutch depressed