Help... Conversion wiring

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Deebo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Help... Conversion wiring

Post by Deebo »

Hi all. New to the site and looking for some help. I have a 58 plate caddy that had a bkc conversion done. I took that out and I have put in a pd130 out of an 04 Bora. I have used the existing wiring and ECU from the caddy and done the rear main seal crank position sensor and swapped the cam position trigger wheel along with the sensor over also. I've connected the battery up and to start with I turned it over and all the electrics died. I disconnected the battery and hooked it back up again. All good, so done the same again and the van turned over but had safe on the dash. I then had a map put on the ECU along with the immo removed. Plugged in the ECU and it still has safe on the dash even though the immo is off. I've also noticed that when u put the ignition on and leave it the rad fan kicks in and stays on. I don't know much about wiring and so I need help. Has anyone experienced these symptoms before? Thanks in advance.
Deebo
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Help... Conversion wiring

Post by Deebo »

Anyone willing to help?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Disconnect the ECU and turn the ignition on.
If the instrument cluster still shows "SAFE" then the key is not matched to the instrument cluster.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Deebo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Deebo »

Cheers will try this tonight. A take it if I unplug the ECU and the safe goes away I have a bad ECU. Getting it plugged into a scanner tonight also so hopefully get to the bottom of it.