Maxi Life Lowering Kit help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
juliang71
Caddy2k Groupie

Maxi Life Lowering Kit help

Post by juliang71 »

Hi, can anyone recommend a lowering kit suitable for a MK4 Caddy Maxi Life please. I'm trying to do some research and reading about this but not really get too far and getting a bit confused over what is compatible and what I actually need.

So I have a 2019 Caddy Maxi Life 2.0 TDi DSG and I'd like a complete lowering kit. I'm not sure if wheel choice is also relevant here but I plan to either go for standard 16" steel wheels with standard size tyres or 18" steel wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres.

I'm kind of hoping someone has already done this and can advice.

Thanks in advance!!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Maxi Life Lowering Kit help

Post by Doc »

There shouldn't be a difference between lowering a Caddy Vs Caddy Life model. The amount you might lower by will be different as the weight of the rear seats and trimmings will make a difference to the Caddy Life.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
juliang71
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by juliang71 »

Just having a general Google and I can see several complete kits some specifically say they are not compatible with Life or Maxi Life although they are suitable for Panel Van and Maxi but not sure why or what the difference is.

I think I'll just have to call a few places and see what they say.

I don't suppose anyone has any recommendations as for brands and / or companies of choice.

Thanks.
CarlPerkins
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by CarlPerkins »

Wolfsburg vans.
Look at the stuff they do on YouTube
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The difference might be the double springs which I think are standard on all Maxi life models. They require longer bolts.
Some Maxi vans have the double springs also, so that might be an oversight by the manufacturer.
Just find yourself a brand which supplies the longer bolts.
Simon at Stillstatic would be a good source of information and supplier of some premium brands.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
juliang71
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by juliang71 »

That's great, thank you both. At least this gives me somewhere to start.