Caddy mk4 side rail

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
nags
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Caddy mk4 side rail

Post by nags »

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction last caddy I had when I’d did the side rail covers I recall having to buy the rail as well as the cover but between eBay and a few other sellers it seems you just buy the cover is this correct or do I have to buy the rail as well also are the part numbers the same for a mk3 and a mk4? Cheers for any help
Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Re: Caddy mk4 side rail

Post by Damo2k »

You can buy the rail if you wish but not needed I just used the two bolts inside the sliding door and a plastic clip on the rear,I also put a few dabs of tiger seal along the rail to keep it from vibrating and some extra strength.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The 2004-2015 rail has a cutout for the fuel flap protection spur, the 2015+ does not.
I'm sure you can still buy both from VW, going anywhere else and you're just paying extra for a middle man in the purchase.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
nags
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by nags »

Thanks just wasn’t sure if the design had been changed been a few years since my last van!