What did you do to your van today?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Re: What did you do to your van today?

Post by Bahnstormer »

Damo2k wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:22 pm Hi mate nice job...
I'm in process of this myself could u tell me what's parts are needed for this retro..
So far have steering wheel airbag and wiring loom..any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Parts-wise that's probably about it, you'd just need to check which SWCM you have fitted. Check out Doc's guide https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38600, it's what I used to work out what was needed (plus a confirmation from Doc :lol: ). Have you got a method for coding the new bits? If so, you should be able to use that to get the part number of your SWCM. From there, you can cross-reference it with the ross-tech page which Doc has linked in his guide :)
Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Damo2k »

Thanks mate.yes have vcds so will do a bit of digging..and of course a confirmation from the main man @doc..

Graanddd
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Graanddd »

Fitted a Touran dashImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaanBogers
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by DaanBogers »

Routed the cable for the rear view camera.
I didn't use the included cable that came with the camera as this cable is to thin. Also with this cable I can make it exactly to lenght.

Only needs coding in. Hopefully it will be easy :)

Bluemooner
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Bluemooner »

I've gone half with my son on an ex BG caddy maxi to kit out as a camper .. lovely and clean but stunk of horses .now I do like horses but , we've stripped everything out ready for washing down , disinfecting and look at getting it sprayed ..plenty of pics heading your way ..and probably plenty of questions..I have reduced the van weight abit with taking out all the redundant BG wiring ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Bahnstormer »

Used it to rescue a stuck Mercedes Viano from a muddy field. Handled it with no issues :lol:
Bluemooner
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bluemooner »

Weighed it in and paid for a 2 week holiday in Spain 😂😎
Jabba
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jabba »

Started the interior of my van mod ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bluemooner
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bluemooner »

I'm not far off this stage now ..what insulation did you use ,is it self adhesive or spray ..plus are you putting sound deadening over the top ? ..I've took the rubber floor out in the front and the insulation as it's flat and smells .. I don't want to put the rubber back down as I want to put a nice carpet ..does anyone have any suggestions on the insulation and carpet ? ..cheers
Betsy123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Betsy123 »

Replaced all suspension components for oem and billstein b4. (210.000km) way way better but not as steady on the highway as my bmw.

I assume caddy maxi’s are more stable at 130km/u? I drive everyday 4 hours on the highway so this is very important to me.. any tips to get mine better are welkom.

Also want to wire up my mk7 gtd heated seats, but are not allowed to that part of the forum. So if there is anyone who can make screenshots of the wiring loom and want to help. :)

Kufatec only makes caddy to caddy seat wiring loom.
Betsy123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Betsy123 »

Replaced all suspension components for oem and billstein b4. (210.000km) way way better but not as steady on the highway as my bmw.

I assume caddy maxi’s are more stable at 130km/u? I drive everyday 4 hours on the highway so this is very important to me.. any tips to get mine better are welkom.

Also want to wire up my mk7 gtd heated seats, but are not allowed to that part of the forum. So if there is anyone who can make screenshots of the wiring loom and want to help. :)

Kufatec only makes caddy to caddy seat wiring loom.
Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Damo2k »

@jabba nice job.

How many sheets of deadening did your van take?thanks..

Lockstock
Hyper Poster

Post by Lockstock »

@betsy123. How do you mean unstable?

I changed my wheels (195 65 R15) for 205 60 r16. this helped with stability a tiny bit. So tire profile can make a difference.

Also, have you had tracking done? if you have a your toe angle wrong or dead 0.0. it can make the car/van feel like it wants to wander around a little. a tiny bit of toe out is sometimes used to make vehicles run straighter.. Also, sounds odd, but is your van heavily loaded, and if so is it even? if you have all the weight on one side, it could make the van feel a bit unstable..

I've not experienced it myself, but some people mentioned movement in the rear suspension spring assembly can make van 'wobble' at speed. Mostly for lowered vehicles. You can get 'wobble blocks' which stiffen this area up a little to reduce the issue.
Betsy123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Betsy123 »

I mean like wind affect the car more than I would like. Which is only an issue at “high” speeds

The car is on 205 55 16 original steel wheels and pilot sport 4 tires. 205 55 16 winter tires it is even worse due to the soft sidewall. There is about 400kg in the back. Ofcourse I did the allignment after Al the suspension components are replaced
Lockstock
Hyper Poster

Post by Lockstock »

it might be 'normal' then, I've noticed my Maxi is affected by the wind, if I'm on an open road at speed. But the wind effect feels pretty much the same as other vans I've used. It's much much more noticeable that my cars.